Parents Harder to Qualify to L9 state than I thought

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was hoping my DD would qualify for L9 states in her first year. She is not typically a high scorer. Well an injury in Dec. cut her meets down to 2 to qualify. Her 1st L9 meet wasn't awful but AA was 29.05 (beam, UGH!). Now she only has one more shot to reach 32 to qualify for state meet. I was checking scores of other gymnasts who I know are on 2nd year and they are hovering around 31-33. Practices have been ify so we'll just have to wait and see how next weekend goes. Hoping for the best but so proud she made it to L9. She is the only one at our gym and in our town for that matter!

I was hoping my DD would qualify for L9 states in her first year. She is not typically a high scorer. Well an injury in Dec. cut her meets down to 2 to qualify. Her 1st L9 meet wasn't awful but AA was 29.05 (beam, UGH!). Now she only has one more shot to reach 32 to qualify for state meet. I was checking scores of other gymnasts who I know are on 2nd year and they are hovering around 31-33. Practices have been ify so we'll just have to wait and see how next weekend goes. Hoping for the best but so proud she made it to L9. She is the only one at our gym and in our town for that matter!
Making it to L9 is a big accomplishment even if she doesn't make it to States :).

Absolutely -- so few girls make it that far! All good and positive thoughts for her. I hope she totally rocks the meet!

One of our level-9 moms recently said to me, "I really miss 10.0 starting values!" It sounds like levels 9/10 is a whole new ballgame when it comes to scoring. I hope your DD is feeling great about her accomplishments rather than discouraged about States!

Our one gymnast who made it to L9 this year started experiencing back pain and dropped back to L8 to finish the season. My dd's friend who is the only L9 at another gym had totally rocked L8 and struggled to get the qualifying score for states. She had several meets and in one meet 2 weeks ago was able to get just barely that 32. It is a whole different ballgame! Good luck to your dd! I am so glad that we will have the new L8 to do next year and that we don't have to try to make that L9 jump!

I'm on my third year of level 9, it gets better! I didn't qualify my first year, and last year I did by two tenths. Good luck to your daughter!

Level 9 truly is a new animal - my dd had an 8.7 start value one an event at one meet - UGH - when you start out of an 8.7 you know its not going to be good...

Thinking about you and hoping it goes well!

Our one gymnast who made it to L9 this year started experiencing back pain and dropped back to L8 to finish the season. My dd's friend who is the only L9 at another gym had totally rocked L8 and struggled to get the qualifying score for states. She had several meets and in one meet 2 weeks ago was able to get just barely that 32. It is a whole different ballgame! Good luck to your dd! I am so glad that we will have the new L8 to do next year and that we don't have to try to make that L9 jump!

Thanks for the note of your dds friend struggling with scores. It puts things into perspective for me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back