Off Topic Healthy snacks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I would love love love some ideas on healthy snacks that can either be made on the weekends or something and stored for the week or made really quickly before eating. Readymade also works if its available for a reasonable price in publix/walmart/Kroger..

I don't like peanut butter and yoghurt.
Something except fruits, nuts, salads and granola bars please - I already have a lot of those stuff and getting bored of having the same thing over and over. Oh also wanted to mention that I can't eat beef (religious reasons)

Thanks in advance :D

Last edited:
Posting just to watch this thread but also, ants on a log works well with low sugar vanilla yogurt instead of peanut butter and dark chocolate chips, dark choc has less sugar than raisens i read, and also i think cheese and crackers are delish. Also you can make veggie spring rolls, in rice paper with things like avacado, carrots, cucumber, ginger, etc, and then fried for a crisp shell, with a small bit of soy sauce to dip. (I like it with a bit of wasabi in the soy sauce.)

Omg no! It’s a common snack with celery and peanut butter spread in the center of it with raisins as if it were ants crawling along on a log! Lol! I dont like it with peanut butter or raisins so i do vanilla yogurt with low sugar contents and put dark chocolate chips.

Omg no! It’s a common snack with celery and peanut butter spread in the center of it with raisins as if it were ants crawling along on a log! Lol! I dont like it with peanut butter or raisins so i do vanilla yogurt with low sugar contents and put dark chocolate chips.
Sorry lol first time hearing of it. I'll try this out when i can. Gotta experiment with an alternative for pb/yoghurt tho

My kids like when I cook sushi-style rice, add seasoned rice vinegar and Japanese seaweed and sesame seasoning then I wrap portions up in seaweed to make little squares. Sometimes I put smoked salmon and veggies in the middle. I wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. They last for several days in the fridge. I learned this recipe from a Japanese friend but I don’t know what it is called.

Meatballs? Can be made with ground turkey. Find a recipe you like, meatballs can be made with many different flavors, prepare and cook on weekends, will last for several days in fridge. Probably better heated in microwave but my kids would eat mine cold.

You can find recipes for egg muffins online, add bacon, pepper, mushrooms, spinach etc. Then freeze them and pull out a couple at a time to thaw. Better reheated but still a good snack cold. Or you could do a cornmeal muffin with lots of veggies too. Any muffin honestly if done in a mini muffin pan is a handy bite sized snack.

My daughter who is now a college cheerleader but did gymnastics her whole life loved/loves RX Bars and Lara bars. They are great for long football games in the heat and also are a great mid/before practice or meet snack because they are not heavy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back