Hello from PA!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

K'sMom

Hi, I'm obviously new to this site. I found it by searching the web for answers to my questions. And I'm glad I did. My daughter is 6 and joined a competitive team a few months ago. She's in Level 3 and absolutely loves it. While I'm not as sold on the sport as she is, I find myself slowly being sucked in. It's A LOT of time and money and I continually find myself wondering what will the return be? I already see how focused and confident she is but will it really be worth all of the commitment and sacrifices the whole family is making? (I'm leaning towards yes, or I wouldn't allow her to continue ;) ) So I look forward to being a part of this site to learn all I can and share this passion with my daughter. Thanks!!

Welcome! We're in PA too. My DD is a 10-year-old level 6. Yes, it is a lot. A lot of money. A lot of time. A lot of sacrifice, on the part of the entire family. And while you won't find many people on this site who will question whether or not it's all worth it, you'll certainly encounter plenty of people in the "real world" who will. You'll have to address lots of "Your daughter practices HOW many hours????" type questions.

Anyway, welcome to the crazy world of gymnastics. Ask lots of questions. The people on this site are amazing, and they "get it."

Welcome to the CB! Yes- gymnastics can be a crazy ride!! You can get sucked into it quickly-but that's not always a bad thing, either! Enjoy!!

Welcome Pa from Nj. Yes this is the place for you as your little one has entered into this crazy sport :). It's a wonderful community here at the CB.

I already get a lot of the "HOW MANY HOURS????" And she's only there 6 hours a week! I was just telling another mom last week that people don't get it. it's good to know everyone here does get it :)

When my dd got her first rip she was very proud. The rest of the family thought she was crazy...

**sportsmommy**

Hi
I have a 6 yr old daughter who is level 3 as well. I'm having many of the same feelings as you. Her time at the gym started creeping up this past fall, and it became a bigger part of her life. I am thankful that i have advice from families who have shared similar experiences.

hi & welcome to CB. my DD is competing L5, she is 11. Never in my wildest imagination when I signed her up for 45min preschool class in 2006 did I picture her on the competitive team practicing 12 hours a week. yet, here we are.

you will find lots of folks here that 'get it'

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back