hello, new here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello, I am new to chalkbucket. I found this great forum just a couple of weeks ago and I have already learned so much! I thought it would be time to introduce myself and learn even more.

I am a 16 year old gymnast who absolutely loves gymnastics. I train 4 times week, three hours each, counting up to 12 hours total. I am very lucky to have a gym only 10 minutes from my home. Currently I compete ‘level 3’. However I live in Europe and our level system is way different than the JO program. This also means that English isn’t my first language and I am sorry if I made spelling mistakes. From the youtube clips I have watched, I guess our level 3 is comparable to level 7/8 in the JO program. However I am not sure and I thought this was the perfect place to ask.

Here are some of my skills: ( note: here we don’t only compete the skills we can do perfectly, I actually competed skills that I only got the week before)

Vault: piked tsuk
Bars: bail(not to handstand), toe shoot to highbar, clearhip to handstand, giants, layout 1/5 twist
Beam: BHS-BHS stepout, backtuck, RO full (dismount ;) )
Floor: RO-BHS- 1.5 twist, FHS layout, and I have a series with 2 flips.

Here is a clip from 2 weeks ago: halve finale Nk - YouTube

I am looking forward to learning more about gymlife in other countries. If you have questions about gymnastics where I live, feel free to ask ;)

Thank you, and I am sure I will ;) To start with (how) can you edit a previous post? Because I saw a mistake and would like to correct it. Oviously I can't do a 1/5 twist, it should have been a 1/2 ;)

Ah, I was wondering what a 1/5 twist was! I think you can only edit it up to 1 hour after you post though, but if you really want it edited you can ask a moderator or admin and they can do it.

You're really good! It's cool to see kind of different skills in routines. I'm not from the US, but I'd say you're about level 8/9. :) Pretty leo, too. Oh, and welcome to Chalkbucket!

Oh I just found out that this youtube video isn't working on mobile devices. I can't seem to find how I should change that. Any advise? Stil learning ;)

(sorry if I shouldn't ask this here, I know it isn't a problem with chalkbucket.

That's L8 in the United States. To note, most of our L7/8's practice about 16hours a week; generally 4 hours a practice.

Yeah I have read something like that, here we don't parctise as much and it isn't like every level you move up the hours increase. It is a little difficult to expain but the amount of hours is dependend of your goal. Level 2/3/4/5/6/7. It doesn't matter much how old you are and what level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back