WAG Help!! Grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

I wear dowel grips. I use Ginnasta USA and used to love them. I got them in June/July and they were great. About a week later they were soft and flimsy. Dangerous. My friend quit and gave me hers-pretty much completely new-worn one practice. I have been dealing with it, but HC wants us to switch. My hands just under 6 1/2 inches. I wore 3s in Ginnasta and I just realized they are WAY (I can fully o[en my hand and it goes past my fingers) to big, so what brands do you guys suggest? I have 3 meets this month-please help!

Oh-and I am inbetween sizes too :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Ten.0-1s are to small, 2s to big

When I use grips, I use Reissport grips with buckles. They have served me well so far.
But whatever you do, DO NOT use grips if they are to big. VERY dangerous.

I use ginnasta double buckle. I think that they tend to be softer than others, but I've had mine for 2 years with no problems so far. I personally like the softer grip, but everyone has their own preferences. Are the finger holes too big possibly? I know that mine feel sort of stretched out when k let the finger holes slide down too much.

I have bulldog double buckle and love them. I just started breaking in a new pair and did giants in them the first day. My hands are just over 6.5inches long and the size 1 in bulldog double buckle is just a tiny bit too small for me. So I get that size and just stretch them out by doing giants. The finger holes on my last pair eventually stretched out, so I wrapped a rubber band around my fingers and the "flappy" leather that was originally in the finger holes and was fine.

I use ginnasta double buckle. I think that they tend to be softer than others, but I've had mine for 2 years with no problems so far. I personally like the softer grip, but everyone has their own preferences. Are the finger holes too big possibly? I know that mine feel sort of stretched out when k let the finger holes slide down too much.
The finger holes are to big, and none of the ginnasta double or single buckles have worked for anyone on my team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back