WAG Help, gym hrs being cut. What to do. Lv 4 usag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All depends on what you're looking for, I suppose. From what I've seen, it becomes pretty difficult to progress at a moderate pace safely while competing clean skills in upper level optionals without sufficient time both to work on skills and to do appropriate conditioning and strength work. Of course, that being said, some gyms use time more efficiently than others.

They say it's temporary, but we live in a town with only 200,000 people and one gymnastics all around. So it seems like they are having a hard time finding any.
I may try he y. Good idea. I agree some kind of conditioning is good.
You guys said dance may be good? Any particular kind? Ballet, hip hop?

I'll have to check. Good idea. I am afraid though that she may be much higher skill than the other tumblers only. What do you think?
That can be a problem, the tumbling class I'm in has all different skill levels. One girl (a cheerleader) is even working on twisting! I would definitely ask if she might before to advanced before signing your daughter up.

Is there any chance that the team girls can come in an hour before the start of practice and stretch, condition, etc. on their own as a group? Perhaps their coach could give them a plan and they could follow it without really close supervision. That way, they would be able to spend all of their practice time focused on the skills.

For dance, jazz or ballet, or both would be good. As well, I agree with putting in outside conditioning. Pilates, cross fit etc, maybe?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back