Coaches HELP !!! Translation help please !!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mado4

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi there,

I need some translation help of some gym drill names. I hope you guys can help me !!!

- hanging on a bar and your toes are on the bar ....kip hang ?
-hanging in the same position but now you move your legs straight up until your hip is on the bar
- basic position on bars, body tight holding the bar on your hips ...front support ???
- walking kip ??
-standing in front of the bars jumping up with straight arms..
- during a kip : the process you do with your arms...is it just called a pull up or is just the action called a pull up ?

I really hope you can help me. Thank you all already :)

Hi there,

I need some translation help of some gym drill names. I hope you guys can help me !!!

- hanging on a bar and your toes are on the bar ....kip hang ?
-hanging in the same position but now you move your legs straight up until your hip is on the bar
- basic position on bars, body tight holding the bar on your hips ...front support ???
- walking kip ??
-standing in front of the bars jumping up with straight arms..
- during a kip : the process you do with your arms...is it just called a pull up or is just the action called a pull up ?

for further explanation: uneven bar :)

I'll give this a shot. My knowledge is mostly from on here so take everything with a grain of salt.

I'd call that a toes-to-bar hold.

Candlestick!

Yes, front support is the correct term.

Running kip, not walking kip.

In a drill video for kips, this motion is simply referred to as straight arm squat jumps to front support.

I think that's actually called kipping, though I may, as always, be wrong. Pull ups though are when you start in reverse grip hanging from the bar and bend your arms to... well, to pull up, ending with your chin just above the bar.

- hanging on a bar and your toes are on the bar - toe to bar hang
-hanging in the same position but now you move your legs straight up until your hip is on the bar- candlestick hang
- basic position on bars, body tight holding the bar on your hips- yes, front support
- walking kip- I usually hear "run-out kip"
-standing in front of the bars jumping up with straight arms- jump to front support
- during a kip : the process you do with your arms...is it just called a pull up or is just the action called a pull- either a "kipping action" or a "pull down"

We have:

1) V-Hang
2) The action is called from V-Hang to straight body=kip extension
3) Inverted Hand
4) Front Support
5)Running Kip
6)Kipping Action (pulling down with your arms pulling feet up)

Hi there,

- hanging on a bar and your toes are on the bar ....kip hang ? V
-hanging in the same position but now you move your legs straight up until your hip is on the bar, Candle stick
- basic position on bars, body tight holding the bar on your hips ...front support ??? Support
- walking kip ?? Don't do them :)
-standing in front of the bars jumping up with straight arms.. Jump ups
- during a kip : the process you do with your arms...is it just called a pull up or is just the action called a pull up ? I tell the kids to pull pants up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back