Help with Coaches....?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay, so my daughter has been very successful the last half of the her season. She has the regional competition coming up in about 2 weeks. in her first half, she had 2 backhandsprings as her connection on beam. She is a level 7 by the way. then, she changed it back to a BHS-balk walkover. She has gotten full credit, and 9's on beam ever since. But, her coach is objecting to her new combo. She believes that it is a REGIONAL competition, and she should do what she can do. The thing is, she CAN'T do the 2 BHS. She never gets the connection. What does she tell her coach? She has a great chance of placing in Regional's(with her new connection on beam). She doesn't want to ruin her chance by changing it to something she can't do. Her coach has gotten mad at her, and my daughter tries to object, but she won't let her. What does she do????:confused::eek:

weelll,,,,if she did it before cant she do it now? anways.....practice is perfect. if she practices her new flight series it will get better. if this doesnt work contact the coaches. that will help

Actually, she couldn't do her two backhandsprings before, she could do her bhs back walkover combo, if that's what you are saying.

Time to schedule a meeting with the coach.

Clearly the coach and your gymmie cannot agree so you need to sit down and discuss your gymmies feelings and why the coach feels the way he/she does.

THere is no way to clarify the situation without a discussion.

Sounds like bogwoppit is right. Set up some time for you, DD, coach, and head coach to talk. If she is feeling frustrated and uncomfortable she may just make even more mistakes. Also maybe another team member could help. My DD(L8) struggled a lot with her series this year and it threw off all other events as well. I talked to one of the coaches (not her regular one) and she tried to help her work out a series she was comfortable with. Then one of the other team girls helped the most to get her to feel relaxed and confident.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back