Hips and Legs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have really inflexible hips and legs, so I am HORRIBLE at splits. I am a level 4 but I really need my splits. Does anyone have any stretching ideas to do or any vidios that you could give me a link to, please help!!! I am willing to try anything and will post if it helps thanks!

Are you horrible at all your splits? At what angle are they at?

How often do you train splits and for how long?

Are you horrible at all your splits? At what angle are they at?

How often do you train splits and for how long?

My splits are down exept for the part of my hips is not touching. I am in the gym 3-4 days a week and sit in splits for about two minutes each. I also work on them at home, my sister helps me push them down.

Not all bad…

Oops forgot. My middle splits are ok and my left splits are horrible I am so close at my rights though just need more hip flexibility.

If your splits aren't super close already, you probably won't have them down quickly. Flexibility doesn't come overnight. You've got to work on them a little bit each day in order to improve, so it's probably too late for your upcoming meet. But don't worry...there is always another chance.

If your splits aren't super close already, you probably won't have them down quickly. Flexibility doesn't come overnight. You've got to work on them a little bit each day in order to improve, so it's probably too late for your upcoming meet. But don't worry...there is always another chance.

My right splits are so close it drives me crazy!!! All I need is a little more hip and thight flexibility to get them down! All mu leg is down I just need where my hips are. I have been working on them since recreational gymnastics when I was seven I am eleven now. Please post as soon as possible!

Over Splits
flexisplits1.jpg
Lunges
Splits_Supine%20full%20split.JPG
And This with your leg bent or straight

Practice your kicks. Also, hang on the bar with 3-5lb weights on each ankle and pull quickly into your splits. This is awesome.

here is how i got my splits down,
during practice we would do partner stetching so you would lay on your back and you would have another person hold your bottom leg down while they also push on your other leg untill you really can't go anymore. they do this for 2 minutes each leg. also at home i do oversplits on any raised surface and hold my arms up. hope this helps.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back