Home conditioning for glide kip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Currently i am working on the glide kip at gym, but the one coach who could spot me has now hurt her back( and i only had her 1x a week anyway) so although i can work on getting my glides perfect i cant actually work on the kip part, i have a chin up bar at home and some ankle weight and would like to know some exersices to do at home, specific reps wouls also help, thanks

even if you don't have a coach that can spot you you should still always do the actually kip part by yourself anyways because my coach did spot me at the beginnning but now she refuses too and I actually did mine bymyself for the first time yesterday. So just keep on trying and you will get stronger just by trying to do the kip and one day you will just be able to do it, trust me its a great feeling to finally get up :)

Agreed with the keep tryng. However on your chin up bar...lots of chin ups and leg lifts. When you do your leg lifts do your best to achieve a candle stick poisiton as this will work the ab muscles fabulously. Also using something like a broom stick lay on your back and as you do a v up bring your arms with the broomstick to your feet and drag it down your legs to work the motion. Hope that helps!

L-hang and V-hang. Eventually a strong leg lift from L to V-hang.

If you do leg lifts, make sure you start in a hollow with slightly piked hips so you negate the ease of using the arch in your back to help you in the leg lift.

Pullups are very good.

Times to shoot for in the L-hang is 15-30 seconds and 5-10 in the V-hang.

Start in tuck if you have to.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back