# Hours/week do you spend in the gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD is a L4 and goes 6 hours a week (2 hours, 3 times a week), which is on the low end for our area. She is progressing pretty well and it's a good fit for us. If she chooses to continue, the hours will obviously increase. I am hoping that "only" 6 hrs a week as an L4 will maybe help her stay in the sport longer and maybe prevent burn-out (b.c. 6 hours of any sport is actually a lot in comparison, though I fully know that with gymnastics it's different)...no reason to race towards more hours at this stage in the game. As a PP said, it's all about the best fit for your DD/DS and your family.

My husband has become gym dad extraordinaire which has really reduced my gym time significantly. :)

Our darling daughter usually spends about fifteen hours a week in the gym over six days. She is competing L10 this year but we're working with reduced hours. The standard L10 plan at her gym is around 22 hours week plus some extra dance.

My husband has become gym dad extraordinaire which has really reduced my gym time significantly. :).

Good for him! My DH had the week before christmas off and decided he would be 'me' minus my 20 hr. a week job. He lasted until thurs. lunchtime, and then resigned as it was too much and that I was obviously used to it. Men! He hadn't washed a single leotard or walked the dog either. :)
His cooking was much better than mine though! And three days off from driving, organizing etc. was the best Christmas present!

Good for him! My DH had the week before christmas off and decided he would be 'me' minus my 20 hr. a week job. He lasted until thurs. lunchtime, and then resigned as it was too much and that I was obviously used to it. Men! He hadn't washed a single leotard or walked the dog either. :)
His cooking was much better than mine though! And three days off from driving, organizing etc. was the best Christmas present!

I need to give my husband more credit. I’m a physician so when I went back to work full time this last time [our youngest just turned two and I was home with her the first year of her life minus working two mornings a week] he resigned from the prosecutor’s office and transitioned back into corporate law because it gave him much more time with our kids. He adjusts what accounts he will take on based on where our kids are needs wise.

We’re dogless but he will do laundry. We share cooking [I guess both of our mothers raised us right] and there are definitely some things I would rather eat his version of than my own [and vice versa and by this time our kids are on top of this too which is a bit humorous]. Somehow we make it work.

DD is currently there 9.5 hrs a week as a level 4. Starting in the spring, she will be there 12 when she moves to lv.5. The hrs at her gym top out at 20 for level 7 and above. That seems to be the norm where we live.

My DD gym is the same. DD is an L4 and she goes 9 hrs a week. 3hrsX3days a week. The max anyone goes (even optionals) is 20 hrs a week. 4hrsX5days a week. The gym is closed on weekends (at least the "gym gym" part). Her gym believes very strongly in keep that family bond and friend bond intact..and leave weekends open for them to do as they wish. Unless it's a comp weekend...lol.

They have been given the option of hitting the gym extra during the Christmas/New Years break. They closed down the friday before and the monday after both Christmas and New Years. But the other days they were still open 4hrs each day..and the girls (no matter what level) could/can go in for the full 4 hrs each day they are open. They have a comp in Memphis this coming weekend. The kids return to school thursday..lol. (comp Saturday or Sunday..a def overnighter). Kadee competes Saturday at 8am. Been a whirlwind couple weeks. But they take care of their girls there.

Then they have another comp the following weekend (its only about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs away, and she has an 5pm friday session time...gah!)

DD is in the gym 16 hours for artistic (4 days for 4 hours plus one day an hour extra) and 3 hours for trampoline and tumbling.

And she is 8 and competing Level 7 Ontario and P3 (the rest of Canada.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back