Parents Xcel Bronze Training Schedule (hours)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our Bronze and Silvers do 6 hours a week (3 hours x 2 days). I think our Bronzes would be better with 5 hours a week (2.5 x 2 days) because they have shorter attention spans and usually waste 30 minutes each practice goofing off, day dreaming, etc. I personally prefer short but intense practices for new competitive gymnasts.

We did bronze for 4hrs/week last year. Our new gym does 9hrs/week for bronze which seems much more reasonable given there are 4 apparatus to train/compete. We found 4 hours was insufficient to feel properly trained.
Absolutely! As a coach… I don’t know how on earth these programs are able to practice on four events, strength, AND flexibility in order to compete… and maintain skills?! And then even more to gain NEW SKILLS and make sufficient progress in order to move up? 4 hours a week is blowing my mind!

OMG that is not at all enough time. Our bronzes practice 4 hours a week (2hrs 2days) and they dont shine at meets but they can medal like 4th and 5th places. Our silvers practice 7hrs a week 2 and a half hrs a week 2 days and 2 hours 1 day and they can score really well and can get anywhere between 1st and 7th. Our Gold (me) practice 8 and a half hours a week 3 hours 2 days and 2 and a half 1 day and we score pretty well (like 1st to 5th usually). Keep in mind our Silvers and Gold often just practice whatever event our other groups dont want so we practice bars lees than an hour a week and beam upto 3 or 4 hrs a week.
How many hours a week do your bronze girls practice?

Our gym offers either 2 or 3 hours a week. I feel this is not enough time in the gym to develop their skills and prepare them to level up. As the competitive season moves along, I feel like the other teams are improving their skills and performing better at each meet, while our girls’ skills are pretty stagnant. How can they possibly keep up with only 2-3 hours a week in the gym. I also feel that 1 hour sessions are too short.
What’s it like at your gym?

The bronzes at my gym practice 2.5 hours twice a week with an option to do a third practice per week, meaning that the practice 5 to 7.5 hours a week.

How many hours a week do your bronze girls practice?

Our gym offers either 2 or 3 hours a week. I feel this is not enough time in the gym to develop their skills and prepare them to level up. As the competitive season moves along, I feel like the other teams are improving their skills and performing better at each meet, while our girls’ skills are pretty stagnant. How can they possibly keep up with only 2-3 hours a week in the gym. I also feel that 1 hour sessions are too short.
What’s it like at your gym?
My gym does 3.5 hours for bronze a week. We were doing one day, but next year we will be doing 2 days - 90 minutes for Routine days and 2 hours on skills day.

Silvers does a 2hr & 2.5hr practices a week.

Our Xcel program is newer but will probably stay two days a week unless we push it more for the gold and higher.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back