WAG How awesome is she?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast_Tor

Gymnast
Hey everyone! I just wanted to tell y'all what my mom did today! As some of y'all know, I just moved up to level 3. All levels 1-3 have 1 hour a week of practice. (Mandatory. You can do one more but it costs more and i dont have enough money to pay for more than one) we had to sign up for the fall today, and I expected me to pay for it in advance, (i pay for gym) but when I got to the lobby, my mom was there! She handed me a schedule as I told her I needed to re enroll, and it had 2 DATES circled! I thought she meant I had to choose one, but then she said "Torrie, I know how much gym means to you, so I signed you up two days a week so you can reach your goal. And me and dad will pay."
Okay, I know there are some awesome moms out there, but my mom is the best!! today was amazing!! How awesome is my mom?!?
(End rant) props to anyone who read the whole thing haha!!

That is great! It's awesome that your parents are supporting your dreams and goals! Be sure to do something nice for them too to show them how much you appreciate it (extra chores, maybe make dinner once in a while).

Thats awesome! And it's awesome that you are so greatful for it! Some kids aren't and get to go to gym as much as they want...

Congratulations!!! You seem very determined and it's great to see you be able to go for your goals and be grateful for that opportunity!!

This post really touched me!!! It is so nice to see how much you appreciate what your parents did for you!! I can tell that what your parents have done will only make you work harder at gym!! My daughter is little, but I hope that as she gets older she will see how hard her dad and I work to keep her in gym to help her achieve her goals the way that you do!!

I just may have to ask you to send me an autographed 8x10 glossy. I like to collect them from remarkable people because........ well, you never know, I may already be holding onto one from a future president.

Reading these comments made ME a little teary eyed haha! Thank y'all so much. I'd hate to say this, but before this, I have been a little moody towards my mom and dad, (I'm a 16 year old girl. Hormones lol) and this made me realize how grateful I am for them being so supportive of my dream and how much they care to pay for these classes! And ill be honest, during this practice yesterday, my coach told me I might not have a chance to compete this year if I don't get some skills on bars. I walked out of the doors with tears in my eyes and then what my mom said gave me a ray of hope!

Have you ever thought about coaching a little? I was 15 when I started teaching rec classes, and beyond just being a great experience and being fun, it gave me a much better understanding of how skills worked and what drills worked best and why. And, as an added perk, by stretching with my classes and demo-ing drills when needed, I became more flexible and stronger. Perhaps you could look into helping with a class or two before or after your own. It may help with tuition, too!

Actually, I have thought about it. Friday night I came for their parents night out (like an open gym, but little kids are everywhere haha) and a couple of the girls from team along with some young employees let me hang out with them in the kitchen and in the gym after practicing my skills. They told me about working here and how it was awesome and they loved it. I think I might ask again if any jobs are open.

Approach the manager/owner with the attitude of wanting to work hard, and "giving back" to the sport and gym you love. Be open to working birthday parties and PNOs--I know that we always need help, and it's a great place to start. We generally have our new, younger coaches-in-training start with those and preschool/kindergym classes. Good luck!

Wow how exciting for you! What a blessing that your parents support you and you are grateful :). Thanks soooo much for sharing it gave me a happy heart this morning!:D

Your posts also made me a bit teary. You sound like a lovely girl and I wish my kids were so appreciative.

I also think you'd be awesome with beginner lessons/parties/kindergym, please do speak to the owner and see if you can help out - maybe for gym fee reductions if you want more hours.

And well done on your parents for understanding your passion and although you are older and not therefore going to the Olympics (sorry if it's a cliche but that seems a very US goal) that it's great to support you in your dreams and just getting fit and healthy! and achieving what you want to!!!

You are pretty awesome yourself. Many kids act and feel privileged. Like everybody else, I was touched by the gratitude you expressed. I am so glad your mother was able to this for you. It is moments like this that make parenting rewarding. Enjoy your sport and I wish you all the best.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back