How do you display ribbons/medals?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastmom38

Proud Parent
My dd is starting to get ribbons and medals from different sports (but hopefully now will be more gymnastics). I'm curious as to how everyone displays their awards? Do you use hooks, shelves, etc? And if you could say where you got the displays, that would be great! Thanks in advance!

I bought hooks from Target. Bascially its long piece of wood with 4 sets of hooks across it. We hung those on her wall and then above it we put what level the medals from from. I bought those wooden crafts letters/numbers from AC Moore.

I have 3 girls who are also active in swim, so there are LOTS of ribbons to display. Now we have gymnastics medals too. I bought thin cork strips at Staples (or similar office supply store) for about $10. I attached it to the top of the wall with the 3m removable velcro strips to protect our walls. (You will have to use 2 or 3 depending on if it is just ribbons or just medals.) The cork strips come in 3-4 ft lengths and it makes displaying their ribbons and medals easy. We can just add more strips as the awards roll in. Hope this helps.

Honestly, I don't do anything impressive with them. I tack them as a set on the wall in a grouping. So for every meet, I add a new tack with the set of medals to it. Trophies are on display in the living room with medals and ribbons in the bedroom. :) Simple, but nice looking.

I have a coat rack that has a top shelf and hooks on a bottom part. I hang medals on the hooks, and put the trophies on the top. I tack any ribbons that I get to it as well.

Metals I just hung from a shelf using my trophies and other such objects to weigh them down, but my ribbons I have all strung on an old necklace chain, and that chain goes around the neck of a bunny that I made at build-a-bear. There's a sound chip inside his arm of my mom saying, "you're a great gymnast, and we're very proud of you." :D I started out as a necklace for the bunny, but after five years of competing it's turned into more of a hula skirt!

We use a curtain rod we put up on her bedroom wall. It works very good. I just lift up one end and put on the new ones. :)

mariposa-albums-my-girls-picture2693-how-we-display-abbys-medals-her-room.jpg

Metals I just hung from a shelf using my trophies and other such objects to weigh them down, but my ribbons I have all strung on an old necklace chain, and that chain goes around the neck of a bunny that I made at build-a-bear. There's a sound chip inside his arm of my mom saying, "you're a great gymnast, and we're very proud of you." :D I started out as a necklace for the bunny, but after five years of competing it's turned into more of a hula skirt!

Love that idea. Think I will borrow it. Especially the voice recording. She has all kinds of ribbons and that will look like a great hula skirt. :)

tumblerk-albums-tumblerk-picture2694-hula-bunny.jpg

Here's my hula bunny! :D The girls at my gym had a tradition of having a "lucky" stuffed animal and were allowed to take them with us to meets. This guy was in my gym bag every meet from level 5 on. He's a big confidence booster!

Last edited:
I love all of these ideas! DD hasn't started competing, but will next year. She does get "metals" each year at the gym's annual recital and we've just been hanging them over the top of shelves, but I love these ideas for the future. Now I just have to figure out a place to put these ideas so I'll remember them next year when I need them! haha I especially love the idea of a bear from Build-A-Bear with the recording in it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back