How does my DD deal with a sore wrist?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD broke her had in March. She got her cast off last week. Since it has been a whole week since she got her cast off, she is still complaining of pain in her wrist when she puts pressure on it. This worries me since her wrist was not injured at all, but her hand. I think because she was off it for four weeks, it is stiff and weak. The doctor said it should no longer be stiff. She does exercises with it, but it doesn't seem to get better. I think the coaches will be expecting her to be back to normal sometime this next week, so I don't know why she isn't. Plus, I don't want her to worry about reinjuring it, and not use her wrist, when she actually should.

Any suggestions?

MamaofEnS

Did they recommend physical therapy? My dd broke her wrist in September and when she got her cast off, she couldn't even do a front support on bars for a couple of weeks. She did favor it for about a month. Talk to her doctor about physical therapy exercises or meeting with a physical therapist if possible.

Take her back to the doctor and have him check that it is fully healed. Try to get referred to a sports therapist and see where that takes you. If it was my kid I wouldn't let her train through the pain at her age as it can cause life long problemes with the bones.

Thank you for your responses.

The doctor told us last week that her broken bones in her hand were fully healed. Again, her wrist was never injured, but that is what she is now feeling pain on when she puts pressure on it, like a hand stand, etc. Even when her hand was broken, she did not have pain doing handstands. It has only been since her cast was removed.

The doctor did not give us physical therapy. I asked her coaches to give her exercises to do to build up strength, and she has.

Thanks,

MamaofEnS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back