Parents How does your gym keep you informed..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jaks

Proud Parent
How does the gym your children go to keep you informed and up to date with things related to the gym and your children's team/pre team?

The gym my dd goes to keeps us updated with letters, verbal communication and her group has a secret Facebook page for the parents/ children of that particular group that has up to date changes to practice ( if needed), comps (meets) that are up and coming, links to choreography music and uniform stockists and general info.

We get emails, notes home in the gym bag, meetings with coach and head coach, and group parent meetings. I feel quite well informed. We are encouraged to ask questions of the squad coach, elite program administrator or head coach any time if there is anything else we want or need to know.

We use email, Facebook, notes in folders, and team newsletters. Parents can always ask our program director, front office manager, or HC if they have any other questions.

General info is distributed through an email to parents, and there is a parent meeting about once a year. We can communicate via email the HC anytime about specific questions, or try to catch her in person, if we can. The office manager is also very good about going to the right person for getting questions answered for parents, regarding things like tuition and scheduling.

Similar - closed group facebook page has almost daily updates on news, results, links to media coverage and so on; notes in gym bag for anything specific to that group or a few groups, email for general information and updates. Also the website is very up to date and the notice boards outside the gym are kept up to date.

We also have a parent committee who circulate minutes which cover up and coming items of interest.

My daughter has a newish coach, who is wonderful and very approachable. I wouldn't bother her generally but she often approaches parents to chat while the girls are getting changed or walk out with parents at the end of a session.

Otherwise the office is open at specific times and you can speak to someone there about non-coaching issues.

Generally I think they do great job of communicating and it's improved a lot even over the last year :)

The girls have mailboxes for notices, which have been used once or twice this year. Once in a while a coach will track down parents after practice regarding administrative matters such as leotard orders. But there is generally very little communication. I once learned that practice had been cancelled when we showed up and the gym was locked.

Each team girl has a mailbox. All meet/travel/practice schedule info comes from head coach by email. Fundraising/parent association info comes from a Board member by email. We also have a Facebook page for meet info updates, congratulatory messages, fun stuff. Text messages are also used for small group messages.

Our gym uses e-mail 99% of the time. WE are asked to check our e-mail daily. Also info is put on the team web page (meet dates, rotation schedules etc).

Not too much is face to face. there usually is every 4 months a parents meeting the owner has to keep folks up to date too. during that time parents can make appointments prior to that meeting with their kids coaches (team only) if they want to discuss their kids progress but I've never seen anyone actually have a meeting. Our gym is really good about makeing sure we have all the info we need. They e-mail progress reports for our kids (if on team) as to where they are and what the plan is for our kid and if we want to discuss it further we can make a meeting.

Email. Used to be notes home in the girls' mailboxes, but many notes didn't make it home--totally email now. The booster club also has a webpage that I keep updated with any news that comes out via email from the gym--meet info, meet highlights, schedules, important info, booster club board minutes, etc.

Email, text, and we have a private facebook group for team parents. We have a booster club meeting every month, and parents on the team are required to attend a minimum amount per year.

If we want to talk to the coach we are free to chat with her at the end of practice or call or email her at anytime.

We have a team website that I keep updated. The coach will e-mail me the meet schedule and I post it. She also prints out hard copies for the girls of any papers, but they may or may not make it home. I also keep the calendar updated, etc. If the coach needs to tell a parent something, she will do it personally. If the parents have a question, they will ask me and if I don't know- then they ask a "real" coach. However, since I usually know the answers to administrative stuff or even "what can my child do to improve" type questions, the coach is free to focus on the team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back