WAG How far will I get if I start again at 15?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ari97

Gymnast
I did gymnastics when I was 7-9 but then had to stop ( not because i wanted to) anyways i want to start again and possibly compete xcel/prep-op in december which is when the competetions start at my sisters gym. So I know all the basics like roundoff, cart wheel, bridge, handstand, forward/ backward rolls. Front walkover. My other skills are Backhanspring/front handspring on trampoline, front flip/ back flip on trampoline. Basic leaps, full turns, basic dance moves. (I'm telling you so you know what skills I have so you can answer my question.)

I know everyone learns at there own pace but My question is do you think I can compete for xcel/ prep op silver in december which is equivalent to levels 3-5 (I don't know if it's going to be the new levels 3-5 or the old ones the 2011-2012 ones)

and how long did it take you to get from recreational to preteam ?

Well your story is remarkably similar to mine and I restarted gymnastics at 15 and I am now 18 competing level 7

It depends on a lot of things.The harder you work the farther you will get.
Also, every gymnast is different.
So because gymnast X started at age 15 and got X far,
it doesnt mean gymnast Y will get X far also.

Yes I just want to clarify that I am not saying my progression is normal or what will happen but simply my experience,

Well I had kept pretty much all my skills and I was offered a spot in level 4 in my first lesson but had to do the rest of the term in the class that I was rostered in for that term.

Well I could still do some of my level four skills but in the end when I started level 5 I dropped bars and now only compete 3 apparatus as it is allowed when I compete

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back