How long do you think it will take her to realize what's really going on? LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Kadee told me the other day. Guess what Mommy? When I do so many sets of such and such on such and such equipment...I "get" to go "work" on my KIP. Or..I "get" to go "work" on my vault over the "real" table. (they have mats stacked up on the other side of it..so she is basicaly doing a L4 vault still just using the table too. I guess getting her used to the "feel" of it before they move those mats and she plunges off the other side..lol)

I just wonder how long it will take her to realize that it's not a "treat" for doing well on something else to be able to work on getting her Kip..or over the vault table.

Gotta love the way they approach it though..seems to be working. At least for now..bahahaha

How long will it be before we have a "Susie" moment..lol

I think many coaches use this approach. While "working" on anything may not seem to be a "treat" in normal life, in gymnastics it is! It means progression! My DD says the same thing. Good for your DD!

You got to love the tricks that work with these little ones. I once had a child with lots of behavioral issues throw a fit because I was "yelling" (I'm incapable of raising my voice in any setting) at her. I made her a "special deal" that if she worked hard and followed directions I wouldn't "yell" at her any more- worked like a charm :p.

I find it never stops working with many kids. Even the higher level teens love the feeling that they are good enough to move on to something more advanced.

I agree aussiecoach. Those who are involved in sports like this are usually excited to challenge themselves with new skills. That is part of the fun!!!

Getting to learn new things is an earned treat. There are probably kids there that wish they were ready to take the next step, but aren't ready yet or are struggling still to learn the old stuff. Advancing and learning harder stuff means they are getting better and if you love gymnastics...fun!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back