how many HOURS PER WEEK does YOUR gym's team practice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

4s are now 10 hr a week
5s are 10.5 hrs
6s are 14 hrs
7s are 15 hrs
8s-10s are 20.5 hrs

No idea why such a small difference between 4s and 5s and 6s and 7s. Weird!

Compulsory - 9 hours with an optional 2-3 extra hours for L6 if they want to
Optionals - 18 hrs with 2-3 extra hours offered if they want it

extra time is offered in the Open gym days.

Level 4/5: 9 hours, 3 days
Level 6: 13 hours, 4 days
Optionals: 17+ hours, 5 days
There's also a weekly 1.5 hour open gym which is, at the moment, optional but rumor had it that it may become mandatory.
Prep op has a 13 hour/4 day option or a 10 hour/3 day option.
Also we get a 1-hour monthly private lesson included in our tuition. How cool is that? Dd's first one is this Sunday. Parents are required to watch- right out on the floor! And are encouraged to video tape so that DD can review the corrections that the HC makes.

4/5: 12 hrs/week
6: 16 hrs/week
Optionals: can decide between 17, 19, or 23 hrs/week
TOPS: 6 extra hrs/week

In the summer, all of the optionals can decide between 20, 21 (one hour dance class), 25, or 29 hrs/week. I was working one of the days, so I did 25, but next year I'm going to rearrange my schedule so I can do 29. I really like how the gym gives you a lot of options based on how often you want to go. You basically have a minimum number of hours, but you can also do an extra day, or do dance class, or stay late a couple times a week. During the school year you don't have that kind of flexibility since you have to go to school (blegh) and have time to get homework done.

4 - 9 hrs/3 days
5 - 12 hrs/4 days
6 - 13 hrs/4 days
7 - 15 hrs/4 days
8 - 19 hrs/5 days
9 & 10 - 22+/5 days

Level 4: 9 1/2 hrs
Level 5: 12 1/2 hrs
Level 5/prep op: 15 hrs
Optionals: 20 hrs
This seems to be the norm where we are.

For competitive, we can either train 6 hours or 11 hours. I train 11, though coach is rather mad that we can't train any more!

we only have up to level 6 at the moment (its a little different though

State Stream:
Level 3s train 10
Level 4 - 6 train 13

National Levels
Level 1 - 2 5hrs
Level 3 - am not entirely sure
Level 4 - 6 i think is about sixteen hours

Our gym currently only has through level 6 so Level 4 trains between 9-10 hours a week and Levels 5 and 6 train between 12-13. By comparison, my son is on the Level 3 boys team and trains 2 hours a week. Somehow that doesn't seem very fair, does it? :)

Of course it's different here, but we have pre-competitive girls who train 6-9 hours, Invitational who train 9-12 hours and then competitive girls train anywhere from 12-25 hours, depending on their level. My dd trains 16 hours for Artistic and 3 hours for Tramp and Tumbling.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back