Parents How many meets does your gym do before states?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3 preliminaries, 1 sectional then state, after state 3 invitationals in spring. This is for compulsaries, not sure for optionals. I wish there were more meets before state because DD gets a higher score in each progressive meet. If they did 20 meets before state I'm sure she would get a 40 ( just kidding).

4-6 before state/regionals. Optional level girl and L6-7 boys. We don't always go to every meet - with 3 kids all in different levels it is pricey and time/drive consuming...

I tried to edit but time had past. I guess I am wondering if this is about average for gymnastics when we first came in to this sport it seemed low compared to other sports but I think that is because this sport is really hard on the body.

you have it precisely right. and when they're older "less" is more and they may only compete in 3-4 meets. conservation of body. college schedule kills them.

Our compulsory girls do 5 (one of which was out of State this past season) and 1 practice in house meet. Our season runs mid-December - March with States at the end of March/early April.

Our compulsory season is September-November and we usually do 4 meets (all state qualifiers) and state. So, 5 total and it usually is about 1 meet every other weekend. It's a pretty quick season! I think our optionals get in maybe 5-6 meets total including state (but not including regionals and above)!

My dd is new to team this year. I recently saw her schedule and there is a mock meet late August, 5 meets between September and November (roughly ever other week) and then States in early December.

Our season for both compulsory and optionals runs mid-December to late March/early April (not including regionals & nationals).
Last season compulsory did 8 meets before state (one was an in-house meet). Optionals did 7 meets (included one in-house meet and one optional/not mandatory long-distance travel meet).

In our state, compulsory state meet is early December. The compulsory season starts in early September. They usually compete in 5-6 meets before state.

Optional state meet is in spring, usually April. Optionals start competing in January. There are usually fewer meets for them before state. 4 or 5, if we are lucky, and at least half of those are out-of-state meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back