WAG How much?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wsg13

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
I just wanted to ask about money and gymnastics?
1. How much is your training? (Mines $8 an hour)
2. What kind of plan are you on?
3. How much is your club leotard?
4. Do you have any hidden fees?

1. $9.33/hour ... but I don't pay it all
2. monthly payments
3. $78 last season... hoping for the same price this year because OG needs a bigger one. YG will be wearing OG's old one
4. Nope - training, meets, competition gear are all straight forward

1.) about 4 dollars an hour
2.) monthly except july that's for stuff like a Leo or warm up floor routine ect.
3.) practice Leo's are 35$ and comp Leo's are99$
4.) nope

1.)$5.25/hour
2.) monthly, or you can pay all up front for the year
3.) short sleeve $50, long sleeve $150
4.) + fundraising + mandatory volunteer shifts depending on hours training + meet fees + coaches travel expenses

1. I pay 8 per hour for my youngest dd, I think it's 8.5 for my oldest but I'm not sure

2. Pay monthly

3. this is the first year we have to buy two brand new suits. I'm not sure how much they are going to cost. Last time we bought only for my oldest dd and it was 195. We got my dds suit this year from a girl who had outgrown hers so we got it's for 45. I think suits this year are quoted around 150-200, and I have to buy 2...

4. We have to pay for the coaches to travel to meets. So per coach that goes to the comp we have to pay hotel for them as well as some of the food. But that's combined with our competition fees at the beginning of the year.

This will be my first year with one competing.

Right now we are at about $5/6 hour. (I think, i Calculated it really quickly). For the summer I'm paying $535 a month (24 hours a week between both girls, plus they are adding dance for 30min a week).

Competition Leo is around $200 and warm ups are another $100

Preteam Leo will probably be about $35-$50 and no warm up for them.

Then there's all the other fees like completion fees, travel fees, assessment fees, fundraising, membership fees etc.

It's getting pretty expensive!!

$7 per hour
Pay monthly
$100 for leo
$100 for warm-up

These are other fees we pay but I wouldn't call them hidden:

Coaches fees (varied)
$100 annual club fee
Meet fees $35 - $75 (6 meets last season)

Mines about $300 a month. I could do the math, but I'm too lazy. This year, the new Leo's cost about $250! That's not including warm ups and the practice Leo. No hidden payments.

I just wanted to ask about money and gymnastics?
1. How much is your training? (Mines $8 an hour) $3 (US) per hour
2. What kind of plan are you on? low carb but how rude of you to ask :) (I don't know what you mean by this)
3. How much is your club leotard? booster club paid around $200 (US) for it
4. Do you have any hidden fees? no, all requirements are in writing at the beginning of the season and we are told of the possibility of additional end of season meet fees once all coach expenses are paid.

Oh plan. I see now.....

Tuition is monthly. Meet fees are monthly for 6 months. All other fees a one time thing, pay whenever billed.

In US $, we pay $4.625 an hour for optionals - we pay monthly for 80 hrs a month. Leos are $200. Warm-ups are $160. Meet fees average are $80 -$110. Then there are out of town travel costs for several meets - some are one nighters and we do one bigger travel meet, so that varies every time. $50 for a 1 hr private (we do several of those each season), $150-$200 for floor choreography. Mandatory participation in the meet we run. Donation of time and food for other items like gym parties for the girls, fundraisers, etc. Coffee runs and donuts occasionally for the coaches (I do know all their favorites :) ).

We pay $3.80 US an hour ( 16 hours a week, $210 per month).
We pay monthly.
Our new leo is $220 for the leo $180 warm ups
Meet fees and coaches fees are about $1500 for the year paid in Dec. and Jan.
No other fees unless you count the cost to just travel to the meets. That's about $100-$200 per meet.

1. $3.85 USD/hr. $225 USD/mo tuition.

2. Pay monthly. Team fees extra for 10 months out of the year.

3. Competition leo is $285.

4. No hidden fees.

Posters above who pay 3-5$/hr (US dollars), mind if I ask what state/region you are in? I'm in PA and hourly this past year was 7.81 as I recall, tho going up to close to 10$ for this next year. I'm wondering if the difference is maybe due to geographic region, or maybe my gym is just expensive.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back