How to get more momentum to do an aerial

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i love that...Reuther. that's what we called them back in the day...Reuther boards.:)

I learned how to do an aerial a month ago or so, and now I almost do it from standing, so you'll see it's pretty easy.
I started doing dive cartwheels, dive 1 handed cartwheels (both hands, but specially the one that's further away from the legs).

Start jumping higher and higher into your cartwheels and don't dive into them.

Try to NOT put your hands down as long as you can, and if you put them down, take them as quickly as you can.

If you can do this, try ding the same with a reuther (springboard?). It will come quite naturally, i believe.

That's what I'm trying right now, although the progress is alower than id like. Its certainly taking a lot longer than getting a layout. It seems that the techniques used in an aerial is so specific that no amount of 'brute force' would be able to compensate for the lack of the exaxt technique.

Any other specific advice would be very welcomed. Do people have good idea on what angle it should be at launching off, or how much momentum it should go into the height versus the rotation?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back