How to get rid of a bad habit??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

My dd has a habit of kind of sticking her tongue out while doing her routines. :tongue: I'm concerned that she'll get deducted for this in Level 7. Is there an easy way to get her to brake that habit? Any ideas? TIA!

haha... i do this too :D i don't think theres a deduction for it but my coach always yells at me when i do that becasue shes afraid im going to bit my tongue off :D

I had to laugh reading this...it MUST be a gymmie thing, bc ALL of us parents sitting and watching have commented on how almost all of them do that! I don't think they are even aware of the fact that they are doing it!! lolol:D

Hahaha, I have the same problem. I either stick it out, or stick it in my cheek so it makes a lump in my cheek :p. I don't think there is an actual direct deduction, but they may deduct it for distractfullness (is that a word?it is now) or being distracting.

I used to stick my tongue out, but I've recently started biting my bottom lip... And not just chewing on it, I mean, when I tumble, all of my teeth go over my bottom lip. Must look a little odd!

I use to and because we do it without really realising it, it's hard to stop. My coach ended up stopping my music every single time I did it in training and making me start over. In the end you get so sick of it you won't do it. Of course you then concentrate on your tongue more than the routine so it's a good idea to do it a while before meets so that there is time to get used to always thinking about not sticking her tongue out and she can concentrate on the routine!

Haha. I always get told to close my mouth! Through my whole beam routine my mouth will just be open. All of my teammates always say a fly is going to go in your mouth if your arent careful!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back