Parents HS state meet today

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymBee97

Proud Parent
Ok DD has had one rash of injuries after another. Today is the High School state meet and her team is going for the 4th straight year in a row (crossing fingers). 1/2 the team is injured with braces, supports, taped ankles etc. So we are hoping they can pull it off. My own DD is doing vault, bars and beam but modified routines due to ankle and finger injuries. She is so excited!! mostly because she probably won't be going to the club states as she still doesn't have all the skills back she needs after the injuries to qualify for sectionals or states in time.

Now hoping the snow won't be too bad so the drive won't be too bad. These type of meets are just so stressfull for me LOL. DD doesn't seem to be nervous at all. Hope that is a good sign!!:eek:

What a long long day this was its 7pm and we just got back. I dropped her off at school at noon the meet started at 1:30. Well the team placed 3rd so no going to the regionals this year. Their 1st place winning streak is broken but honestly everyone who competed on our team today was injured, with braces, air casts, wrapped ankles, iced parts. All with watered down routines and lower start values. Even with that we only missed 2nd by a few tenths so I think they did awsome. I was so proud of the team and their sportsmanship. They congratulated the winning teams and wished them luck. My DD did ok. her bars not the best and the beam took off extra points for the stud earings she had on. We didn't know until after she finished that this year at states no jewlery was allowed at all. If DD knew that she wouldn't have worn them. The points taken off would have put us into 2nd - oh well can't go back and fix that.

DD had a great time with her team and when we left she was relieived we didn't have to go to the regional meet (they call it something else but its like a regional) With all the injuries she has had this year I think she is happy to only have to work on her club gymnastics at this point and now we don't have to do another fundraiser to send the team to the regionals LOL. I'm glad of that one LOL.

Over all I was super proud of DD and the whole team!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back