Parents Huntsville Invite Meet-4th of the season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lhmom

Proud Parent
Hi everyone!
It's been great keeping up with the meets and how everyone is doing. It's been hectic here and I haven't gotten to post much. We just got back from the Huntsville Invite and I am so very proud of DD that I had to share.
YouTube - hirshlg's Channel
She had a rough meet in NC about 3 weeks ago (mistakes on beam and bars, tough scoring) and at first was upset with herself. I highlighted what she had accomplished (finally did a FHC in competition, much better ROBHS) and we talked about everyone having a "rough meet". Well, she went back into the gym more determined and this last weekend was the result.:) She went clean on beam (which I was so nervous, forgot to tape :eek:) and did all the elements on the bars (score: 8.625-highest she's gotten)! She also got her highest AA score so far (35.375) and this will be the score submitted for the state. She couldn't stop smiling all the way home. :D I think the thing I am proudest of is not her placement, scores or medal but how she bounced back from a rough meet. :D Gymnastics really isn't for the faint-hearted, is it?

Good for her! When you say "submitted for State" what does that mean? Do they not have a specific score to make it to State or how does it work there?

We were at the Huntsville invite also. Your daughter did a great job! That is a great AA score...glad she has improved on it, and glad that she was able to "bounce back"! My daughter fell from the high bar this weekend at Huntsville, onto her head!:eek: After laying on the gound for about 30 sec., she got back up, finished her bars routine, and then went on to compete 3 more events. I was amazed. Gymnasts are truly special. And gym-moms have to be special too!
Congrats to your daughter. My daughter competed on Sunday and we did not get to see the level 4's so I wouldn't have been there to meet you, but I would have liked to!:)

Good for her! When you say "submitted for State" what does that mean? Do they not have a specific score to make it to State or how does it work there?

Actually, this is her first year, so I am not entirely sure how that all works. We were told that their highest meet score would be submitted to TNUSAG to determine what group they would compete in (blue-top third, red-middle third, white, lower third). I have no idea which group she will qualify for yet, because the score cut-off hasn't been determined. I think we're supposed to hear something after Thanksgiving. Thanks!

We were at the Huntsville invite also. Your daughter did a great job! That is a great AA score...glad she has improved on it, and glad that she was able to "bounce back"! My daughter fell from the high bar this weekend at Huntsville, onto her head!:eek: After laying on the gound for about 30 sec., she got back up, finished her bars routine, and then went on to compete 3 more events. I was amazed. Gymnasts are truly special. And gym-moms have to be special too!
Congrats to your daughter. My daughter competed on Sunday and we did not get to see the level 4's so I wouldn't have been there to meet you, but I would have liked to!:)

Good grief, that must have been so scary for you seeing your daughter land like that. :eek: I'm impressed that she was able to finish after a bad fall. Thanks for the congrats! Sorry we didn't get to meet though. Maybe next year!

Congrats to your dd on working back from a rough meet to make so many improvements! That is really awesome.

Madigym, so sorry to hear about your dd's fall. That must have been very scary! Good for her getting back on the bars and finishing and then finishing the entire meet.

Congrats to your dd on working back from a rough meet to make so many improvements! That is really awesome.

Thanks! :) Now the push is on for the state meet coming up next month. DD is showing a lot of enthusiasm for the next meet and I'm hoping that nerves won't be too bad for this one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back