WAG I am Second - Shawn Johnson

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well this makes me feel better!!!! All the money some others athletes make, gymnastics has one of the worst returns ever!!!!!
Good for you Shawn! I hope these athletes can bank more money in the future! After all it is the hardest sport in the world!!!!!
I agree! Good for all the elite gymnasts who are able to make a go at making a living!

I think this was an honest and courageous video especially given this years selection of the team being discussed so heavily. She may have been "second" but was amazing then and is still now.

Reactions: sce
Im sure that video was tough for her to do. These athletes already put so much stress on themselves but then to have the entire country expecting you to win must be beyond imaginable. Stress goes from 10 to 100 in seconds.
I think any gymnast at any level is amazing. Its such a hard and beautiful sport.
I remember in figure skating - Midori Ito - a figure skater was unbelievable - broke a million records but won silver at the olympics - she publicly apologized to her country. My heart broke for her.
So much pressure...

Im sure that video was tough for her to do. These athletes already put so much stress on themselves but then to have the entire country expecting you to win must be beyond imaginable. Stress goes from 10 to 100 in seconds.
I think any gymnast at any level is amazing. Its such a hard and beautiful sport.
I remember in figure skating - Midori Ito - a figure skater was unbelievable - broke a million records but won silver at the olympics - she publicly apologized to her country. My heart broke for her.
So much pressure...

I remember that. So sad- the pressure she was under was almost palatable.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back