WAG I feel so alone....UPDATE :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello, if anyone remembers about a month ago I was really upset about some things that were going on with my high school team (in my thread called "I feel so alone...help :(") I just wanted to say that things are going SO much better with the team. For some strange reason, when I came back from Thanksgiving break, all the girls and the coaches just started being SO much nicer!!! I have no idea why, but I was so happy! I actually got to compete floor the other night, had to fill in for a girl who couldn't compete it. I couldn't do back handsprings because I was still too scared, but the coach told me that if I didn't connect two, it wouldn't have counted for any credit anyway, so I felt a little bit better. Hopefully those will come back with time, for I KNOW I can do them and I've been doing them for so long, the coaches know I can do it too. I actually got a 7.55 on floor!!!!! :D If you know about high school, that's a pretty good score, especially if you don't have back handsprings or advanced tumbling in your routine!! And, at the end of that night, I got the "meet bear"! The meet bear is a teddy bear that the coaches give to someone on the team after each meet who they think really stood out during the meet, and they said that they were so impressed that I stepped in last minute and did really well, especially because I had a lot going on in my mind that day (that was the day I was going to find out if I got into my top choice college when I got home from the meet). And they said that they noticed that at the end of the meet, I was helping with equipment the entire time!! I'm so glad they noticed that and appreciated that, because earlier in the season I thought I was being overlooked when I helped out. I was just THRILLED that I got the first meet bear of the season!!! :D

And here's the best news of all: When I got home I found out that I indeed WAS accepted at my top choice college early decision!!! :D That was just such an amazing night for me, and now I have SO much pressure taken off of me, so hopefully my nerves and stress will start to calm down soon and my confidence will start to go back up, and I'm confident that I'll get a lot of my old skills back soon!

I just wanted to update you and say thank you so much for all your advice and support!

Such great news, and yes, a 7.55 is a HUGE score for a high school floor routine with minimal tumbling. It sounds like you did everything else in your routine exceptionally well! The tumbling will come back in time, but in the meantime it sounds like you have some great non-tumbling skills and clean form to work with. I wouldn't hesitate to put a girl capable of scoring a 7.55 in at a meet!
And a huge congrats on the college acceptance! I'm sure that will take some of the stress off everywhere. Best wishes as you continue with your season, keep us posted!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back