WAG I hate how they treat me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am sorry. That was very hard for me as a parent to read. I can imagine how awful you feel. You got a lot of good advice. I think printing this out and showing it to your coach would be a good start. Also like someone said reaching out to just one girl, maybe the quietest of the group, the one who is far from the leader of the group, that may help a bit.
I hate how when I'm upset, no one asks whats wrong or tries to cheer me up.

I hate how when I'm crying nobody even looks my way.

I hate how when someone else cries, they are always cheered up by another teammate. And when one of them suspects the other is upset (even though she keeps denying it) they keep trying to cheer up the person.

I hate how I tell my teammates that they are amazing, great, talented and that they will do fantastic at their meet, and never hear that said to me.

I hate how other teammates get texts at meets and reassurance that they're good, when they do bad. I don't.

I hate how my teammates hang out after practice and don't include me. Especially when the plans are made in front of me.

I hate it when I try to make conversation and they glance at me and look away.

I hate how my teammates wait for each other to be done, never for me. I have waited for some... They always just get up and leave when they're done... Not even looking at me.

I hate that I compliment them, but they never to me.

I hate that I cheer my teammates on. "Nice! Good! Finish it! You can do it!" And they barely cheer for me.

I hate that when our couch is mad at more than one of us. The other girl(s) get hugged and told, "She's just grumpy, it's alright! You're doing great." When I'm standing right there.

I hate that when I'm in pain, nobody asks or notices.

I hate how I'm left out of inside jokes.

I hate the one word responses they give me.

I hate how they beg each other to hang out, come over, trick or treat together... And I'm never invited.

I hate how I try to make plans to hang out and am always brushed off.

I don't feel like a team. I feel all alone.

I hate how they treat me.

I know this is an older post, but after reading this how could I not respond! This was almost exactly my experience of higher level gymnastics, and even though that was 20 to 16 years ago I still got a little teary reading your post. Like everyone else said, let them know how you feel. you obviously are talented (level 10- AMAZING!) And you have goals and the drive to succeed. The other girls are probably intimidated by that and even a little jealous (even though they would never admit that I'm sure ;) ) coaches and parents can see that drive and ability too, and sometimes don't know what to do or say when they see someone so competent and confident crying or in pain- so they say nothing. I was talking with my mom when I started coaching, and finally asked her why my coaches were tougher on me and no one complimented me like the other girls and she just looked at me with shock and said "we all thought you already knew!"
The things you are doing seem so unbelievably awesome to most people that they might forget that underneath it all you are a kid. And that kid needs encouragement, reassurance and positive reinforcement, just like everybody else. Don't hesitate to remind them. Every once in a while, just ask if you did good! If all else fails, just keep on giving your best- because there are people who notice. You sound like a very talented gymnast, and more importantly, a good person. Stay strong and keep heart, no one can take that away from you.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back