I need help with doing roundoffs pleeaaseeee!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

:eek: I reallly need help doing round offs!! I can't stick my legs together when doing it, I dont know why! I do the T shape with my hands and do a little hop before it. I do good cartwheels but I do sorta suckish handstands. I get scared that im gonna fall on my back, and btw I did... I just cant seem to stick my legs together in either a round off or a handstand. I don't have a trampoline and my parents wont let me get one.
Thannkkk You!

Sticking legs together in round offs!! Hellppp!

I reallly need help doing round offs!! I can't stick my legs together when doing it, I dont know why! I do the T shape with my hands and do a little hop before it. I do good cartwheels but I do sorta suckish handstands. I get scared that im gonna fall on my back, and btw I did... I just cant seem to stick my legs together in either a round off or a handstand. I don't have a trampoline and my parents wont let me get one. And I cant really reach out that far because then my hip pops.. I have no idea why! So that sets me in a disadvantage! Please help me with my round offs and if you can give me some tips about the hip thing..that will be so much appreciated Thannkkk You!

You need to put ALOT of power into the roundoff and really push of with your hands, when you come out of your roundoff have a dish shape, it will help if you video youself so you can pause and see what you are doing wrong. youtube has alot of good tutorials to help you :D

I think you start doing more HS using a wall. Get comfortable with that position, it will help your shoulder and core strength as well which will help your round-off. Either kick to a HS with your back against the wall or climb up the wall from a pushup position towards a HS. You don't need a trampoline for a round-off at all. You just need to develop a cartwheel that turns over very quickly and pops off your hands. Make sure you lunge enough, don't jump to your hands but place them on the ground one after another. In fact, you should pretend in a round-off that you are going to do a front handspring then change your hand placement at the last possible moment and use cartwheel hands.

It sounds like you need to practice more handstands first. Then you can try doing a cartwheel and bringing your legs together, like going into a handstand sideways. After that you can add in the hand position and the quarter turn in. I wouldn't be trying to add a lot of power in until you have the basic technique sorted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back