Parents Ideas for boutique sales at meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
I am trying to order inventory for our home meet boutique area. Does anyone have suggestions on popular items to sell? Our Good luck grams are at a separate table, so we already have those covered. Do you buy (or sell) level bears, pins, jewelry, posters, water bottles? Any suggestions are appreciated.

We have let vendors come in (they pay for space and we get a small % of sales).
One popular one we had was hair ribbons - NOT cheer bows, but ribbons attached to a ponytail.
We got all the attending teams colors in advance and let the vendor know. She had a bunch made up in the different color combinations. Plus, she had some that went with the meet shirts and she had plenty of the usual color combinations. She even had extra ribbons available to make custom ones while you waited.
You could do these on your own - it isn't hard :)

Since I'm the one shopping during a long meet, the things I have been the most pleased with are things I would shop for at non-meet times...nice jewelry or pretty scarves instead of sparkly headbands, and organic soaps and body scrubs over wooden display racks for medals.

Not to say cheaper, gymnast-oriented items are bad, but I have been willing to spend more money on a quality item that I would normally purchase for myself.

I like the medal racks because it's not something you can see and touch at other times before buying. I think the general ones, like gymnast, would be a better bet than the specific ones. My ODD has one that says Xcel and it worked out perfectly because now we are going to buy one that says either gymnast or level 6 so she can keep her memories in order. She likes order. Lol.

Headbands, hair clips, little gymnast survival kits, blankets, meet-specific souvenirs like a shirt or cup or other memorabilia, fun socks, key chains, photo frames, lip gloss/chapstick/lotion. Last meet, my DD went nuts for pencils that said "gymnast". One big item I've thought would be nice to see for sale are cushions/stadium seats for the lovely bleachers.

Items suggested above like organic soaps, scarves, etc... While these are things I like and would not mind seeing for sale, I am personally in kid mode when I am at meets, so I'm not super certain that I'd personally buy those things. Granted, maybe it's totally just me. :) All of my allotted spending cash ends up going to the kids at meets, and they like the "crap", the raffle, and snacks. And my DD always, always leo shops. So I don't know that I'd nix those things completely.

Tee shirts with the meet details and other tees relating to gymnastics (ie, Life, Wait I Have No Life. My Daughter Is A Gymnast)

Gymnastic car magnets.

We were at a meet where you could buy a dozen wooden roses For 5 bucks, I loved these, all kinds of colors to chose from and they never go bad. I have no idea who makes them though.

If I ever saw bleacher cushions for sale at a meet I'd buy then in seconds. And a few extras for the fam. Great idea.

I don't buy much at meets. Already spent enough! I have purchased wooden roses. And a teddy bear with a cute Leo.

I second the car magnet or sticker thing. I look for a gymnastics one at every meet, so I can place one on my car to balance with the swim one I have for my other two kids. Buy em for .50 and sell for $2 ( or whatever). I have yet to find one. They are cheap and don't take up much space.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back