Parents I'll take some good mojo on Friday!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Good luck to both Pumas!! As an anesthesia provider, I can tell you that anesthesia is very, very safe these days but that you definitely need to stay with him just in case. We don't allow patients to go home unless they have someone to stay with them. Puma Jr. will be just fine!!!!
Thank you! Good to know. Glad I'm not being over paranoid.

Only a 32 :( I know that shouldn't be that hard, but she's still fixing a lot of bad habits. I'm so proud of how far she's come, but she obviously still has a lot of work to do! I really thought she had it last time....

Is she a 4 or a 5 this year? I remember when my DD did L4 I at first worried that she wasn't going to qualify. Her gym even added an extra meet in for her and a few other girls. They needed a 32 also (at two meets). It ended up that they didn't need the extra meet; but it was a good confidence booster. I hope the same happens for PumaJr.

Is she a 4 or a 5 this year? I remember when my DD did L4 I at first worried that she wasn't going to qualify. Her gym even added an extra meet in for her and a few other girls. They needed a 32 also (at two meets). It ended up that they didn't need the extra meet; but it was a good confidence booster. I hope the same happens for PumaJr.
L5. She's close. The meet she scratched floor she would have only needed a 6.825. So we shall see! Thanks everyone :)

Sending good vibes your way. Hope Puma recovers quickly, Puma Jr does amazing at her meet and you keep your sanity.

Friday is a crazy day for us. Puma is having surgery (nothing major-a torn ligament in his ankle from 25 years of Jiu-jitsu) in the morning, and Puma Jr has a meet that afternoon! Her session was supposed to have been Sunday, but they changed it to 2pm Friday. It's an hour &1/2 away and I don't know how poor Puma will be feeling, so I'm sending her with a teammate. It's only the second meet in 21 that I've missed! She's being a really good sport about it. It's also her last meet as a nine year old- double digits next week!! She missed qualifying for States by a mere 0.125 last time (and they accidentally flashed a 9.875 for her last event, which we knew was wrong....heartbreaking!!) and the meet before that she would have easily qualified (needed a 6.825) but they scratched her on floor. So fingers crossed that all goes well for both Pumas on Friday!

Sending some love and good Mojo! Did not realize your dd was 9 as well! Mine makes the turn in March. Sending points your way!!!!

Puma is out of surgery and all is well. They did three separate procedures in there in just under 2 hours. Puma Jr has arrived at the meet with her teammate and is currently warming up! THANK YOU for everyone's good thoughts and love :)

Puma is out of surgery and all is well. They did three separate procedures in there in just under 2 hours. Puma Jr has arrived at the meet with her teammate and is currently warming up! THANK YOU for everyone's good thoughts and love :)
All good news. Hope the meet goes well and Puma isn't in too much pain.

Thanks everyone. Well, good news is Puma is still doing really well. Though I think he's going to be hurting when the nerve block wears off. Bad news...she didn't qualify again. I'm heartbroken. I feel so, so bad for her. I only saw video of bars, and it looked decent- an 8.4 with a tough judge (one of the people who made the compulsory routines actually-super nice guy) but the rest weren't enough. No crisises, just not good enough. The one mom told me she thought her floor looked better, but it scored slightly lower than last time. I try to be Polly Postive here, but I have to admit, this one hurts. But I just pounded out some miles at the gym (Puma Sr was home to keep an eye on daddy briefly) and talked to a couple close friends who understand this world and now I've just got to concentrate on making sure she is feeling good about herself when she gets home. I want to remind her that she missed 8&1/2 hours of practice a week before this meet (strep throat) and she's still not 100%. I don't want her to get down on herself. She's been texting me (from an old iPod- No phone yet) and she seems in good spirits. But often these things hit her hard once she's home. So hopefully next Sunday! Thanks for all your kind words. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Sorry to hear that she didn't qualify. All of our gymnasts are resilient. I'm sure she'll pick herself back up and be ready next Sunday. This way you get to be there to see it :)

Good vibes your way.

This season we found level 5 scoring tough but puma Jr. Sounds like she is in good spirits. She will get back in gym tomorrow and work hard to reach her goal. This sport definitely teaches perseverance for sure!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back