Parents I'll take some good mojo on Friday!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Next week for sure. Glad Puma is doing well. Good for you for working out. Momma needs to take care of herself too.

Thanks everyone. Well, good news is Puma is still doing really well. Though I think he's going to be hurting when the nerve block wears off. Bad news...she didn't qualify again. I'm heartbroken. I feel so, so bad for her. I only saw video of bars, and it looked decent- an 8.4 with a tough judge (one of the people who made the compulsory routines actually-super nice guy) but the rest weren't enough. No crisises, just not good enough. The one mom told me she thought her floor looked better, but it scored slightly lower than last time. I try to be Polly Postive here, but I have to admit, this one hurts. But I just pounded out some miles at the gym (Puma Sr was home to keep an eye on daddy briefly) and talked to a couple close friends who understand this world and now I've just got to concentrate on making sure she is feeling good about herself when she gets home. I want to remind her that she missed 8&1/2 hours of practice a week before this meet (strep throat) and she's still not 100%. I don't want her to get down on herself. She's been texting me (from an old iPod- No phone yet) and she seems in good spirits. But often these things hit her hard once she's home. So hopefully next Sunday! Thanks for all your kind words. Tomorrow will be a better day.
My daughter had strep a few weeks back and between the infection and the antibiotics, it'll wipe you out for a good bit.

My daughter had strep a few weeks back and between the infection and the antibiotics, it'll wipe you out for a good bit.
She had it right before Christmas too. She's only had it twice in her life, but it happened to be almost back to back. It's running rampart around here. That and flu. All I did was mix antibiotics and Tamiflu all week. Tomorrow is her last day of the Keflex. Hoping for a nice couple days off, a great week of practice, and then an awesome meet! Actually this is the meet that first qualified her last year (it was earlier last year) so maybe that's good mojo!

A little shout out to one of her coaches (though I don't THINK she'll see it? Lol): Said coach text me last night asking how Puma Jr was doing and saying how bad she felt for her and how hard she's working. She also talked some specifics about the meet since I wasn't there. I can't tell you how much this means to me. They care about my child. I wanted to cry. I so, so needed that. So fortunate. (And, on a side note....Puma Jr is TEN today! :eek::confused:o_O Craziness!) Thanks everyone for all your kind words and good thoughts. Hopefully Sunday will be the day!

A little shout out to one of her coaches (though I don't THINK she'll see it? Lol): Said coach text me last night asking how Puma Jr was doing and saying how bad she felt for her and how hard she's working. She also talked some specifics about the meet since I wasn't there. I can't tell you how much this means to me. They care about my child. I wanted to cry. I so, so needed that. So fortunate. (And, on a side note....Puma Jr is TEN today! :eek::confused:o_O Craziness!) Thanks everyone for all your kind words and good thoughts. Hopefully Sunday will be the day!

That's awesome! We moved our DD (whose birthday is also today! She is 8) in August and although her new gym is very tough, it's so obvious they care about the girls and believe in them! This has resulted in DD working harder than ever!

That's awesome! We moved our DD (whose birthday is also today! She is 8) in August and although her new gym is very tough, it's so obvious they care about the girls and believe in them! This has resulted in DD working harder than ever!
Happy bday to her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back