WAG I'm official!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ivyagogo

Coach
I just finished the U100, Safety Certification and got my green light! Now I have to register all my girls and we have a team and a coach. They are all measured for their stupid biketards and we are a team. They all have their own Xcel routines and they are working hard. Next step is calling NYS Gymnastics in the morning and get registered for some meets. It's all quite exciting.

Cheers coach! Sounds like the preparation for coach and athletes are well underway.

What is up with the biketards? Is it standard wear for athletes in your area?

Best, SBG -

Our GO has this thing against leotards. Our girls will be the only ones in the freakin' country wearing them. I fought very hard against these biketards but in the end I think they are going to look really good. I hate that I am going to have to explain to every judge at every meet that they are not allowed to take deductions because of them and present them with the page from the USAG handbook. Here is a mock up:

Attachments

• leo mockup.jpg
    leo mockup.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 79
Our GO has this thing against leotards. Our girls will be the only ones in the freakin' country wearing them. I fought very hard against these biketards but in the end I think they are going to look really good.

Understood. Stay proud of the gymnasts skills and routines and the "biketard issue" will disappear into the background. Good thing is that all leos (and biketards) come and go. Our team, long ago, even competed in a mostly white leo. (even coaches had white warm-ups. Geesh, try to keep it clean at a meet site.) I smiled a lot and offered a lot of compliments on the gymnasts skills and routines whenever the girls would complain. Our teen girls truly despised them. They came and went.

Sounds good coach. Best in prep for the season, Coach -

Ivyagogo, I wish we could wear biketards like that and so do several of my teammates! Granted all of us who would prefer them are 14+ and no longer stick-thin tiny things, but I honestly think that if they were a common choice, a fair number of teens would choose them.

I am so glad that white leos are no longer in fashion...

sfts - that is really comforting. Only one of my 17 girls has any competition experience so they don't realize that their leotards will be different. Sometimes there is only one team at a meet in a sleeveless leo, which is basically the same thing as our girls being the only one with attached shorts. They all work out in biketards so they don't really see it as an issue...yet.

The only nice white leos are the ones the Romanian's used to wear.

Its a very nice-looking biketard, but I feel that after the first meet they will not be well thought of by your girls. Especially if another team asks them about it or points and makes remarks or faces (it happens. We have a girl that wears a nice-looking wig due to alopecia, and she had to sit there at a meet while girls from another team pointed, whispered and giggled.) I hope you warn them ahead of time that they will be the only ones wearing them, just to ease the initial confusion and worry.

(its kind of nice. My dd's team leos keep getting higher and higher on the sides, as high as is legally allowed by JO. I would prefer them a little lower cut myself.)

I know what you are saying and it's a huge fear of mine. Actually I would love for them all to rebel and refuse to wear them next year. Our GO already told me that they wear biketards or don't compete. It's a real sore spot with me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back