Parents Inexpensive leos for meet swag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We apparently are going to the wrong meets! lol So far this season, dd has got a pin, a lunch bag, a rubber anklet, some candy and a water bottle. I think dd's home meet is giving out a shirt. She's never got anything nicer than a cheap t-shirt.. no shorts, leotards, blankets, pj pants, etc. I'm guessing the meets that give out leotards and such are optional meets? Hopefully, that is something to look forward to in a couple of years! ;) Dd would be thrilled to get a leotard.

She does end up with a beanie boo or similar from most meets because of the shout outs which we have now been suckered into. $3-$5 gets a good luck message and yet another attachment for her backpack. :)
Shout outs. What a scam. Who hears them anyway?

All the meets that my daughter ha been to that give out leos are always K-Bee. She got a beach towel last year with the logo of the meet and really liked it. I really like the insulated lunch bags she's received.

At the risk of seeming out of touch...what is a beanie boo?
2bfc861bf768f6ba0d50221627b5af86_lg.gif

The above is a Beanie Boo

tumblr_m2r8tmwo7a1rnhqsmo13_r1_250.gif

And perhaps related to these...

In other words a Beanie Boo is a small colorful stuffed animal with a cutsie name that inspires obsession among many young girls ( usually under 10).

We usually get at least 2 leos per season as meet gifts. We've also gotten drawstring bags, wrist bands, ear buds, eos (chapstick), headband, and water bottles. My experience is leos are given more in optionals and other gifts more in compulsory (at least in our area).

we got sooooo many leos last year that the parents were complaining that they had bought some for the year. our gymnasts would have been fine with just the leos they got at meets. lol. my fave meet gift was a camelbak water bottle. i use it now. it was the only time i've seen it. it was super cute in pink. hoodie sweatshirts are popular as well - especially up here in MA.

We usually get at least 2 leos per season as meet gifts. We've also gotten drawstring bags, wrist bands, ear buds, eos (chapstick), headband, and water bottles. My experience is leos are given more in optionals and other gifts more in compulsory (at least in our area).

interesting. at all of our meet, the gifts are the same no matter the level. i think we got 4 leos last year and each time, at the next practice, the entire gym shows up in the leo. lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back