Injured--again 

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
Why does it seem like some gymnasts can't catch a break, just be good, have a great year, and do well? My daughter's hand slipped in a giant, on the down swing, and she fell and drove her foot right into the floor. It pretty much folded in half! Broke metatarsals 1, 2, and 3. She had surgery Thursday and got 13 screws and two plates on 2 & 3, and can't move her big toe at all for 10 days. :( She was just getting past her double rolled ankles from December.

I felt like this is it, I can't do this any more; but she's already counting the days till she's released to go back. It is so discouraging and frustrating. She broke her elbow 5 years ago on the same bar in the same spot working on tapping, just like this time. Tap swings are the enemy! They are EVIL!

So sorry to hear that-poor kid! I hope that her healing goes smoothly and she gets back to doing what she loves.

I'm sorry. I so feel for you! I felt like that last year when my dd had 3 consecutive injuries. The only thing that consoled me at all was knowing that she had the opportunity to learn some great life-lessons in working back from the injuries. Here's to hoping she doesn't drive you nuts during the re-coup process!

nooo!!! I am so sorry this happened! I can't stand it when these kids that are working SO hard have a mishap like this!! Poor kid! I bet she was more disappointed and frustrated than feeling pain (those gymmies are TOUGH!!) give her big hugs and sending healing fairies and prayers her way. Keep us posted on her recovery.

very sorry to hear that. i did the same thing many years ago coming down from high bar. my foot is fine all these years later. she'll be back.:):)

I feel for you and your DD. Last year my DD had a foot injury followed by a bad hamstring injury. I had hoped this year would go smoothly, but no, she now has an ankle injury that is stopping her from competing this season. I'm so frustrated, but my DD seems to be handling it better than I am. I hope your DD recovers quickly!

Yup I know what you mean. My dd cant go a year with out an injury. Right now its coming off a slight concussion that we aren't even sure how she did it lol. Keeping her still was a challenge :) I'll add your dd to my prayer list :) and know you are not alone here wishing she would just be done with gymnastics but for what ever the reason it's their passion.

very sorry to hear that. i did the same thing many years ago coming down from high bar. my foot is fine all these years later. she'll be back.:):)
Really! Wow! How many bones did you break? How did they treat it? I think she'll come back, but I just wonder how long it will take. She's very tough and has come back from a major elbow injury before. I just wish she could stay injury-free. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers, everybody. I'm going to need them. She's already driving me CRAZY!!! 

Sorry to hear about your dd's injury! Hoping for a quick and speedy recovery.. There is never a good time for injury in gymnastics, but I hope she will be back in time to compete, thankfully that's months off! ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back