Intrasquad Meet Report!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well my gym had our intrasquad yesterday and it went pretty well. I competed advanced prep optional, which is kinda in between 7 and 8 except with level 9 vault values for some unknown reason.

Vault: 7.85. I warmed up a few tsuks but after faceplanting my last warmup turn I competed a fronthandspring, which only starts out of an 8.6. I only started flipping again after hurting my knee at the end of September and I know I just need more time, but I think I need to work on twisting my backup vault so it has a higher start value.

Bars: 9.2. After 3 years of competing the same bar routine (clear hip low bar, giant giant high bar), I finally got a 9! Casting seems to have finally clicked for me, and I can sometimes make a pirouette which will hopefully go into my routine sometime this year.

Beam: 8.55. Eh. Beam. I have a rather wimpy beam routine because I'm freaked out by flight skills after dislocating my knee on a backhandspring last year, so my routine consists of a lot of leaps and jumps and then a cartwheel handstand, which I failed to connect. I made my full turn with my leg at horizontal though, which I've been struggling with but really wanted to compete because it's a C and no one at my gym has competed it before. There's a possibility I was missing a B, so it all comes back to that darn flight skill...

Floor: 9.275. I love floor and my floor routine! I'm hoping to upgrade my front pike front tuck to a front layout front tuck and my half to a full, although I can't seem to figure out how to stay in the twist. I'm also playing around with front fulls, back 1/2 punch fronts and occasionally some double backs into the pit, which I would love to compete someday.

AA: 34.875, which was the highest of the APOs. :D

So all in all it was a pretty good first meet. I'm basically back to where I was before I hurt my knee and now I can work on upgrades, although the number 1 goal this year is to finally stay healthy all season. My first real meet (our home meet) is in 2 weeks. Sorry this is so long, thanks for reading!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back