WAG It may be winter, but let's talk Summer Camps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My gymnast has been to Flip Fest twice, Georgia once & Alabama once. Flip Fest is great for younger kids, she enjoyed it and actually came home with a new skill on bars (a blind). Now that she's older she prefers the college camps, she loves staying in the dorms with her team and it's more hours of gymnastics than play time. She said she liked AL over Ga. She left there with a new skill on bars too. She did like the dance class better at Ga...

Funny, I worry that one of these summers (in the DISTANT future) my daughter will come home WITH a skateboarder! ;)
That's what scares me about Woodward! Mixing boy and girl gymnasts can be bad enough, throw some kids in there who aren't 24/7 gym rats and what happens? Pretty sure my high schoolers would not be talking about gymnastics when they got back if they went there :rolleyes:.
I think college camps are great, typically cheaper, more gymnastics, less kids, more personalized feel than the mega camps (Woodward, IGC, and Flip Fest to some extent). But I was also not a social butterfly of a kid, so the smaller more intimate settings were much more to my liking, they are also typically more gymnastics focused with less bells and whistles. So I guess it's all up to what you and your kid are looking for and their personality.

I've gone to Woodward west for 2 summers and if the PA one is the same, it'll be the most fun thing ever! I love love love love LOVE Woodward. Seriously. Best two weeks of my life. And honestly, I was 13 when I went and we didn't really have anything to do with the skateboarders, more the guy gymnasts/ tumbling guys who were focused on their gymnastics also. Trust me, Woodward is 100% worth it!! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back