Parents it's official she's retired !!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
After 6 years DD has decided to 'retire' from gymnastics & give dance a whirl !!! Tonight she went in to say goodbye to her coaches & teammates. it was very hard for her. lots of tears. She will still see some of them @ school & HC said she is welcome back @ any time if she chooses.

i am going to be realisitc here & say that I think DD will love dance & never look back but hey you never know.

I plan to hang around here a bit as I will still need my gym fix !!

would like to thank the many peoole here who have helped me learn as much as I have in this sport & let me brag or whine. whichever I needed @ the moment.

in a couple of weeks she will do trial classes in hip hop' tap & ballet. guess i better go find me a dance forum. hopenthey have a 'Dunno' over there that can keep me from becoming a crazy dance mom :D

Hope she has a great time trying out dance and I bet she loves it. All that gymnastics will give her a head start in so many ways! Good luck and stay around :)

Best of luck to your DD in her pursuit of dance! I also hope she loves it :) Let us know how it goes and definitely stick around!

Best wishes to your daughter! Hope the transition to dance goes smoothly and that she's just as passionate about it as she has been about gymnastics.

While it is sad that your dd is ending her gymnastics career, it is very exciting that she is starting this new chapter in her life. I can say from first hand experience that dance is a whole new world full of SO many opportunities!! My dd loves dance and hasn't looked back since she quit gym back in October. It seems there are quite a few gymnasts turned dancers on the CB, so maybe we can start a new "group" here where us dance moms can post.

The best of luck to your dd Gymmomntc!! I know she will be a great dancer and have so much fun! Keep in touch.

I know it is hard when they decide that they are done. BUt it really is the beginning of a new chapter in her life, and yours too.

YOu will still be expected to drop in here though, many of us have no gym kids anymore!

I know it is hard when they decide that they are done. BUt it really is the beginning of a new chapter in her life, and yours too.

YOu will still be expected to drop in here though, many of us have no gym kids anymore!

aybe we need a 'retired gymnast parent' group !

Awww. Im sure she will make a beautiful dancer. Good luck to her in her new adventure. Please do stick around, and keep us posted on her new career.

Ballet talk is one forum i know. Good luck with thr dance. Miigjt see u on dsnce moms haha. Just joking.

Dance moms...even real life ones...can be a little nutty! ;) Hope you don't run into any of those! Good luck to her. I so hope you stick around!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back