Joint levels

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I recently joined level 9 team at a fairly new gym. A little problem occurred when I realized I was joint with level 7-9. Is this ordinary, we all do different routines, but at the same time. It really isn't anything like my old gym, which split us up into separate classes. Thanks.

Our gym is split up by 3 pre team group, butterflies, fireflies, and dragonflies, then we start chomping at level 2 and they have there own group. L3 and L4 also have there own group, but once you get to optional we are all group together. The highest level we have at my gym right now is 8 and me and my other teammate are that level group with a lot of 6th graders so it's not the best but we don't have enough to be in separate groups

I should not be a problem at all. In fact it's often better to be in a mixed level group. If everyone is the same level they will tend to just focus on the skills for the majority. In a multi level group the coaches will have everyone working on skills that are appropriate for them.

If you are more advanced on something you can work harder skills.

I have yet to be at a gym that didn't do it this way. When I was a kid all level 6-10 were together and now it is the same. They will usually further split them on to different events like 6's bars, 7's beam, 8's vault and 9&10 floor and then rotate around. If they are together they just work on their skills for their level/routine. They all warm up and condition together. It is really no big deal. I think it happens a lot with smaller teams.

It's relatively normal. My gym has only two groups: level 7/8s and level 8/9/10s (we're a new gym that just split from another, so we don't have any competitive compulsories yet). We all train the exact same number of hours at the exact same times on the same days. It really depends on the number of gymnasts in each level on the team, the available coaching staff, and how much equipment is available for use during workout hours.

This is what it is like at my gym my class is 6-10. It gets annoying but 7-10 are basically all same heights for things. This would be for lack of coaches or lack of gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back