WAG Judge My DDs Bar Routine (Lvl 5)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks everyone! This post seems to have strike up really good conversation and a lot of info and learning for all us non-coaches and parents. I hope it helps other out there!

The comparison video was also helpful GAgymom, as well as the easy-to-read (and comprehend lol) list of deductions from fuzi and coachp. SUPER HELPFUL!

She did come in 7th place with this routine. Everything past the baby giant is certainly where she's getting killed with her score. I kind of knew that, but I wanted to know just how much it was killing the score. And she can already do the cast to handstands but holds back because we were told it is not required. We didn't know the judges would like to see that so I'll tell her to go for it!

Have her ask her coach about the cast. She should only be casting to handstand if her coach agrees that she should. While their are amplitude requirements there are also firm requirements and one does not remove the other. Her chs may not be clean enough yet.

When dd was done with 4 some girls went to 5, some girls went to 6. This year some of the girls that went to 5 are going to 7. Out of all the girls going to 7, the girls coming from 5 are stronger than a lot of the girls coming from 6 (the ones that skipped 5).

Geez, I hope that made sense!
That totally made sense! At our gym you go lvl 5 to lvl 7 or you go lvl 5 to lvl 6.

We have another meet in 3 weeks. We shall see if she can correct the last part of this routine and bring her score closer to a 9. ;):)

That totally made sense! At our gym you go lvl 5 to lvl 7 or you go lvl 5 to lvl 6.

We have another meet in 3 weeks. We shall see if she can correct the last part of this routine and bring her score closer to a 9. ;):)

It was a good routine, she can do it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back