WAG Judges Question...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thank you. I knew there had to be some guidance.

And this is different from the artistic 0.3.......... Correct?

For a total of 0.5

WAY more than total of .5. There are LOTS of execution deductions- some applied to each skill and some applied to the whole routine. And these are different for optionals and compulsory and X-cell.

Here is the link to the 'judges cheat sheet' which is just the quick guide for L9/10....I assume details are in other places, so this is just a summary.
https://usagym.org/PDFs/Women/Rules/J.O. Code of Points/appndx07_L910cheat_0916.pdf
And, keep in mind this all changes for the upcoming season with the new COP.
With all of the different components, it is easy to see how variances occur between judges, with the same judges on different days and certainly between routines with generally equal skills/cleanness.

That's why we have multiple judges, to try to average out errors/biases (often unconscious) and get to the fairest possible score for the gymnast given the use of human judges.

This was my thought too. Most meets we attend have 2 judges for each event. The Regional meet had 4 judges for each event. To me that is trying to balance the human factor and give each gymnast the fairest score possible. I will never attempt to understand the details of judging and deductions...too complicated for me. I'm better off sticking with cheering and finding us something to eat after a long meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back