Just one of those meets...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastbeth

Moderator/Gymnast
I had my last highschool gymnastics meet of the season today. (Not counting sectionals, states) and we have been undefeated all season. We had a home meet today. Good feelings all around, really pumped, because we were against the other undefeated team in the league.

Well, the team shows up decked out in glitter and ribbons, but their parents were absolutely unbelievable. All wearing the team colors. They had little scorebooks, and team colored pom poms. In general, highschool gymnastics is a lot more chill than USAG. That's why I like it. It's fun, and everybody is always laughing and just having a good time. And honestly, no crazy parents. So it was just a bit odd to see such a crazed audience.

Our meet went SO well. We had the best meet of our lives. I got a 9.7 on vault, and the whole team just did amazing. The other team was also having a good meet. We had beam last, and were solid. Had a little bobble in one routine, but we all did great. On our last routine, the whole meet was done, so everyone was watching our last girl's routine. It was great, but on her full turn, she nearly fell. The gym was pretty quiet, and the other team said quietly, right when she wobbled "fallfallfall". I could not believe that. I was just SHOCKED by the bad sportsmanship all around.

We got the best score of the season, a 142.0 The other team? They got a 142.05. We lost by .05. Overall, we did great. But .05? Unbelievable. That, combined with the other team's attitude was disappointing, to say the least. But, the only thing to do is shake it off and just remember it's only gymnastics. And we will just have to kick butt at sectionals! ;) LOL.

SORRY for the long meet report! I really just had to vent...

Oh my. That's awful about the other team rooting for the fall. I'm calling for a .1 deduction for bad sportsmanship! :D

I hope that,overall, your team feels great about the wonderful meet (and you about the 9.7!) rather than bad about the loss. Do you get to compete against that team again at sectionals or states?

Thanks :). We are trying to focus on the positive! And yup, they qualified for sectionals, so we'll be against them again, at least once before the season's over.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back