DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Kadee's first L4 meet went okay.
Vault was first..got her first vault, missed the second 8.4 10th out of 12
Bars, I THOUGHT she did real well comparatively 7.5 10th out of 12
Beam, poor baby weebled and wobbled through it, went off the wrong side twice on her dismount 6.4 12th out of 12 (the judge was kind on this one..lol)
Floor 6.7, again I THOUGHT she did well comparatively..guess the judges thought otherwise 12th out of 12
Not that great of a meet score wise (no where to go but up..lol)..but she had a blast..she hit all her major skills, and all but one of her personal goals (except dismount on beam). And really when it comes down to it, that's all that matters. Im so proud of my Kadee Beans. Love my girl.

Congrats to Kadee!! Having fun at her first L4 meet, check!! Making it through her first L4 meet, check!! I remember my DDs first meet still and she got from 5s-7s. :) She had SO much fun though and was so proud of herself. That is what is important!

She really did have fun. She was very proud of herself. We never have stressed placement to her..or anything like that. And still being 6, that doesn't yet click on its own yet..lol. Sometimes it is hard as a parent though to watch and see others making major mistakes..leaving out major skills..and scoring higher. (i would never let her know it bothered me). I do realize all the little things, add up to be more than those big things sometimes. And I do know Kadee really needs to polish things up..thats where ALOT of her deductions came from. Oh well..on to the next..lol. Which is not for another month..in Memphis.

It's great that she is happy and had fun and made her own personal goals. I think, in this sport, that's the key to going the distance with it. Hooray for Kadee!

That is cute that she got through her first level 4meet and made nearly all those goals. Good for her. Hope the next one brings that last goal and then she can concentrate on being miss neat and tidy for the rest of the season and having a blast. Well done Kadee.

Good job, Kadee!!! So glad you guys got through it and that she had a blast (it truly is the most important thing, you are all right). Wonderful that she met all but one personal goal! It hasn't really clicked yet for my DD about placements/scores either (well, maybe a little), but my thought is that we should enjoy that while we can - lol. Again, so glad she had a great time :)

I'm so glad she had fun and the first meet is done. I think it will only get better now that they know what to expect. It is so great she met most of her goals.

good start, first meets are so scary !! things will get better & probably qquickly. As one who frequently watches her DD get tenthed to death eventually it gets better, slowly though remember it's a marathon not a race ( if i had a dime for everytime i told myself that ) some kids just take longer than others to get those wiggles out but thidls was her first meet they could be gone @ the next you just neer know.

Just keep encouraging her to set personal goals & to only judge against her own progress ( the parents have to do this too & it isnt easy) not against other kids who may be progressing faster. All she can do is go out there have fun & try her best the rest is out of her control

great job on her first meet !!!!

WTG Kadee! The first meet is always the toughest; my first real meet went terrible. Now she has some experience under her belt and I bet those scores will go up!

DS didn't have high placements in his first L4 meet either. I thought the 6yo competition wouldn't be so rigorous ... figured he would be about middle of the pack, as he has relatively good form, is very graceful and is just missing his mushroom circle ... well the 6yo boys were point scoring machines! They were a very high scoring age group. Oh well. Placement can be a good motivator for them but it just doesn't matter to the big picture.

Good job, Kadee! She's going to have a good season, for sure. Littles are so cute to watch...and once they have a few meets under their belt, they catch on quick to what they need to do. Did you video?

Thank you, thank you. I truely am proud of her. And she is so proud of herself. She had a ball. She is a "big girl" now..lol. Yes, I did video. I have to put this new software on the computer, then try and figure out how to use it..lol. This was our host meet..and I helped all weekend in the hosptiality room..so I haven't had time to breath yet. But it is OVER..so now..I can get to work on this next project..lol

I thought she did great! She is such a tiny thing. You could tell she was fighting to hold on. Congratulations on making it through your first level four meet as a mom and to Kadee for working so hard!

Great job Kadee! Glad you had fun at your first meet! It doesn't matter what the numbers are as long as you're enjoying yourself....you have many gymnastics years ahead of you! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back