WAG Knots in DDs hair

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

jellybean

My dd has a huge knot in her hair. what we usually do is a bun because i just wrap the other hair around it, and it looks reasonable for practice. The problem is for competition, because we HAVE to bun it for our gym, and the way to do it doesn't work with her knot. we have brushed it and has gotten smaller, but now it wont get smaller. Its probably 1.5-2.5 inches high and wide. We have ran out of ideas, PLEASE HELP

Use coconut conditioner on her dry hair. Try to work it in a little, then spritz it with water and work it in a little more. Then let it sit about a half hour. Spritz it again with water. Use a comb to work the tangle out starting at the bottom - a little at a time.
Good luck.

yes, Here is the story: She refused to let me brush her hair, and i figured she wanted to be more grown up and brush it herself, but i know now that she did not brush it. I saw the bump and started to brush it( or tried to) but she would always resist. I'm thinking about cutting it a little in the back because it would make t easier to brush it out. I cant cut it all because it will just be a bald spot.

Use coconut conditioner on her dry hair. Try to work it in a little, then spritz it with water and work it in a little more. Then let it sit about a half hour. Spritz it again with water. Use a comb to work the tangle out starting at the bottom - a little at a time.
Good luck.
Thanks, ill try it next time we wash out her hair

coconut oil, detangling spray and a wet brush or knot genie brush. You just need to sit down and work the knot out as much as you can in one sitting. If you try to do it little by little, more hair will get wrapped up in the knot the next day and you won't make much headway!

I agree, you need to soak it in oil or good conditioner and get the thing out as directed above. If you do not the only solution will be to cut it out.

BTW... the "a little at a time" means not to try to get the entire tangle all at once... work it out from the bottom up... all in one sitting though. Then wash and condition and braid for the night :)

Reactions: COz
One of DD's teammate had this problem her Dad brought her to a hair salon and they got it out. In the future, I would recommend a wet brush for day to day and Aussie 3 min miracle with a wide tooth comb for smaller tough knots. YDD has a very tender head and she can manage most of her knots with those tools. She hates for anyone to touch her hair. She does fine at salons though.

Yeah, sit her in front of a movie and be prepared to stand there for aaaaggges using your fingers to get it out very very slowly a bit at a time (in one sitting as everyone has described).
When I, ahem, have left a bun in for a few days and realised it's created a hideous knot underneath... Fingers have been the only way to get it out without a lot of pain for everyone involved.
Be patient, it will come out if you can bear to do it. Or you could just make a statement about her not brushing properly and cut it out :)
If you do cut it, you probably don't need to cut it all out, a few snips might loosen enough to get part of the knot out with your fingers (I did this on a dog, not my child btw) :)

I to as a child had a massive knot permeant in my hair put her in the baths lots of conditioner and pick at it. Ripping the hair may be Needed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back