Parents KT tape colors allowed at a meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

e'smum

Proud Parent
the PT put 2 strips of KT tape on my dd's knee to help get the swelling down along with other instructions and exercises. she is saying her knee already feels better. i'm sure resting and not practicing tonight helped too! anyway, the tape is to stay on until her meet on saturday but i'm wondering if perhaps we should tape it for the meet as well - she will practice with it on tomorrow and says she'll be ok. i have black or tan KT tape. the tape she has on now is bright blue.
what colors are allowed at meets? will black or tan be ok? i am assuming yes but one never knows.

TIA!

Funny, I had never heard of KT tape until my daughter needed it, and I believe tan is the only color allowed. Interestingly, I felt like I could only find HERO pink in most pharmacies.

If you look up beach volley ball from the past three Olympics you will see lots of KTTape and lots of skin too.

I am in love with KT tape...it saved me many times this summer. But to answer your question, I definitely saw black as well as skin colors at our home meet this weekend. No colors.

i don't think they make ghost white so tan it will have to be. lol.... we've got some irish in our blood....

There is a fabulous rant by Billy Connelly (Foul mouthed very funny Scottish comedian) talking about when he first went to Australia

"I was sunbathing on the balcony. I don't tend to go to the beach for a few weeks as being Scottish I'm pale Blue, takes me week to get white !"

Funny, I had never heard of KT tape until my daughter needed it, and I believe tan is the only color allowed. Interestingly, I felt like I could only find HERO pink in most pharmacies.
i needed it last year for a sprained ankle and i had to order it. i found black in walmart. and it was at thanksgiving and target had it on sale for cyber monday so i bought tan.

I am in love with KT tape...it saved me many times this summer. But to answer your question, I definitely saw black as well as skin colors at our home meet this weekend. No colors.
now that i think of it, i am pretty sure i saw black on one of our level 6 gymnasts at one of our two earlier meets. we'll go with the tan though. it will stick out less - her other team mates are blessed with either naturally tan skin or are able to tan nicely in the summer. we just freckle in our house...

There is a fabulous rant by Billy Connelly (Foul mouthed very funny Scottish comedian) talking about when he first went to Australia

"I was sunbathing on the balcony. I don't tend to go to the beach for a few weeks as being Scottish I'm pale Blue, takes me week to get white !"
my great grandmother's family hailed from Scotland as well. sadly, none of the ancestors on my side of the family were from races that tanned well. dh gets an awesome tan in the summer but neither of my girls got that gene....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back