Anon L8 or Platinum… should I switch?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! I am leaving 8th grade and heading to high school. Last year, I competed level 7 with four practices a week adding up to 11 hours in the gym. That worked perfectly well for me, and I would be moving up. However, practice would be five days a week adding up to 15 hours in the gym and no school days off. This might be a problem if I want to do well in school and still hang out with friends. My other option would be xcel Platinum, and I would go back to my old schedule. However, I would have to leave my team and my chances at going to collage for gymnastics. What should I do???

Hi! I am leaving 8th grade and heading to high school. Last year, I competed level 7 with four practices a week adding up to 11 hours in the gym. That worked perfectly well for me, and I would be moving up. However, practice would be five days a week adding up to 15 hours in the gym and no school days off. This might be a problem if I want to do well in school and still hang out with friends. My other option would be xcel Platinum, and I would go back to my old schedule. However, I would have to leave my team and my chances at going to collage for gymnastics. What should I do???
If you are ready for level 8, you should be going to Xcel Diamond (not platinum).

It's really up to you. Do you feel you have a realistic shot at college gymnastics? If not, then Xcel is a great option. You still get to do gym with less commitment. Plus, you could participate in high school sports which *might* give you a better chance at competing in college than gymnastics would.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back