Parents leo exchange program?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
I was thinking of starting an hand-me down leo exchange program at the gym.

here's my thought - bring one - get one. Bring one - get $10. Buy one $10

Does that make any sense?

Does any gyms do anything like that?

Sorry, at work - needed to post the thought while it was in my head. I'll be back later to catch up!

deb

We had a used leo sale a twice a year as a booster club fundraiser at DDs old gym. It worked like this, everyone brought in their used leos and labeled them with their name and the price they wanted to sell them for on each leo. Then some volunteers organized them by size onto a huge rack. It was announced for weeks prior and ran over a week (M-F) We had a sign up in 2 hour increments during team practice times for that week and if you worked, you got to keep ALL the money from your leo sales. If you didn't work, you got 90% and General Fund got 10% like all fundraisers. A receipt book that was kept listed the name of the family and the price it was sold for.

It was very lucrative especially since anyone in the gym could buy a used leo. Booster club also used this sale to get rid of overstocked and outdated competition leos/warm-ups, t-shirts from meets, etc.

Everyone priced the leos fair and it was a great place to either make money, make money and then buy some leos, or just buy some leos at great prices.

We don't have a booster club at our Gym (not allowed @@) but we did a used Leo sale to help raise money for the girls that qualified to Regionals and L9 Easterns. It was very successful. The REC program kids really bought the bulk of them.

We have a leo exchange in our pro-shop, however it's just a straight exchange. There is just a rack in the back of the shop where it's a give one, get one setup - although we've never used it (because as a rule, the leos in there are too big for dd) I believe it's an honor system kind of thing.

we have a 2nd hand leo rack at our gym - the gymnasts bring in their old leos/shorts etc with an ideal price on them, then the other head coach and I decide whether that is realistic and adjust if necessary. The leo is then labled and placed on the rack and when it is sold, the money is given to the gymnast who it used to belong to.

Booster club tries to do a used leo sale 2x/year. Every leo sells for $10 and you get $6 in your account with $4 going to the general fund. They usually make $1000 easy for the general fund. Its a great deal for team kids and rec kids alike. They also will sell gently used clothing with gymnastics phrases on them.

We have a box where we put used leos after we mark what we want for them! and our name so we can get the money!
they go out at the beg of every session so people can get a new leo for there kids if they want. Also can go in the bin and l"shop" when they want too!!

All GREAT ideas! We're going to have a one day rummage sale / fundraiser.

After we move (the gym is moving in a couple of weeks) I'm going to look into going a box or rack to continue the fundraiser.

In September I think we'll do a costume fundraiser for the dance team.

Every little bit helps - right?!

We're also looking into a clothing drive. There's a company that comes and pays an amount per pound of clothing.

There's also talk of a car wash . . .

:)

Thanks again!!!:D

update

A big thanks for everyones feedback. We had our first leo rummage sale sat. With only 2 weeks notice our sale made over 400$ and sold 51 leos!

:)

DD's previous gym also did a used leo sale to benefit the booster club. We would sort the leos by brand (with the "designer" ones costing 10.00/ target, etc. would cost $5.00). Every leo was tagged with the owner's name and then sorted according to size. 100% of the funds went to our individiual booster club accounts. It was much easier to just throw all the proceeds into the account, than to try to divvy up how much you got back, etc. If I remember correctly, I earned over $100.00 at that first leo sale! We'll try to institute that as well at her new gym in the fall.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back