Leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
Am I the only one who thinks that 3/4 length sleeves look terrible? It always makes the girls' arms look ridiculously long and floppy when they run. It's so distracting to me, it's all I can focus on and I keep thinking how they look like gorilla arms, esp when they run (not that the girls look like that, cause they are all beautiful! It's just what comes to mind when I see the shorter length sleeves). Or am I the only one? It really makes their arms look extra long! :confused:

Our gym has always used the long sleeve and it looks nice. I could not agree with you more on the 3/4 length. To me it just looks like they dont fit or did not have time to have them sized and altered.

I like them. My DD says she likes them too because the grips and supports fit better when the sleeve isn't under them and its more comfortable in them. She usually tends to pull up the long sleeves to above where the grips etc end anyway.

I prefer them. So much easier to wear, especially with grips!

I also think they look fine as well.
Guess it's just a difference in opinion!

DD's team got 3/4 sleeves for comp leos this year after the full length last year. She and I both prefer the 3/4!!

my coach thinks they look less professional than the long sleeved leos, and I suppose I agree to a point, but they are so much easier to wear!

Long sleeved looks more professional, but they are a PAIN to wear! Also, a lot of times the sleeves on full length sleeved leos are too long. Whenever I wear one I feel like the arms are too tight, and for me they are extremely uncomfortable.

Although I do agree that they look really nice and sleek!

I also prefer ther look of long sleeve for competitions, 3/4 is awkward and looks like the arms shrunk. During training I never wear anything with any kind of sleeve. Although at my gym we get our competition suits speacially made to each person. Measurements are taken and sent in and suits are made to those specifications. No sleeves to long!
With grips I just pull the sleeves up a bit to make room for wristbands, others just put over top of sleeves.

Although by appearnace I prefer the long sleeve, the 3/4 sleeves are so much easier to wear for the gymnasts. I don't think they look ugly, just not as good as long-sleeve, but it's worth it to wear them for the gymnasts' comfort.

I think long sleeves look classier but 3/4 are soooo much comfier! My bodysuit for Atlantics was 3/4 and I liked it a lot better than long sleeves. If I had it my way our competitive suits wold be sleeveless. Though tanks are comfier I think they look so unprofessional.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back