Lets get ready to Tumble !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DDs swimming coach is always asking if she can do flik flaks and she just looks at him confused. I think he means back flicks but not definite!

flic flac is the original term, haven't heard it used for years- been shortened to flic since forever. I remember flic flac being on BAGA badge 1 though!

DD was taught BHS at her gym. She seems to think BHS is standing flic, and a flic comes out of a RO. I suppose RO-flic is easier to say than RO_BHS.

I heard "long arm" vault the other week! Took me a while to remember...

Long arm is a handspring with straight arms. If I remember correctly back in the days of the old "horse" vault and crappy springboards you were also allowed to do a bent arm handspring- (short-arm?)

flic flac is the original term, haven't heard it used for years- been shortened to flic since forever. I remember flic flac being on BAGA badge 1 though!

DD was taught BHS at her gym. She seems to think BHS is standing flic, and a flic comes out of a RO. I suppose RO-flic is easier to say than RO_BHS.

I heard "long arm" vault the other week! Took me a while to remember...

So he was correct then :)
DD tends to call it a back flick, don't think I have heard her use any other name, BHS is what i have read on here and I am sure she didn't have a clue when i said that to her, maybe some things are gym specific too.

Most things are named differently to back in my day. When did the Arab spring become a round off, anyway? Flic flac was a nice term; taught the rhythm of the thing.

Something that pickles my brain daily is that my daughter knows every one of her coaches by their first name. That would have been a session sat out back in the day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back