WAG Level 10 Regionals and NIT spots

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

justanothergymmom

Proud Parent
How are spots for NIT allocated?

I know that the top 7 in each age group go to JO Nationals...then sometimes there are girls that go to compete for different regions based on need and how their age group placed last year at Nationals. I noticed that the number of NIT spots varied last year for the different age groups. Is there a certain percentage of each age group that gets selected for NIT?

2 per age group go to NIT. So 8th and 9th AA (or 9th and 10th if the 8th got a spot at JOs from another region, on down the line). Regional event champions also qualify to NIT if they didn't in the AA.

Here is the info from R&P:

1. Qualification to Jr. Olympic National Invitational Tournament
a. A minimum of two gymnasts (typically 8th and 9th) in each of the eight age divisions from each of the eight

regions will qualify to the Jr. Olympic National Invitational Tournament, provided that they achieve a minimum of 34.00 AA at the Regional meet.

• Note: Any gymnasts who tie for 9th place will also qualify to the Jr. Olympic NIT.

1. Gymnasts who did not qualify to the Jr. Olympic National Championships or NIT in the AA, but have won an event(s) at Regionals, will qualify to the JO-NIT in those event(s).

2. Non-US citizen athletes who live and train in the US are eligible to qualify and receive awards at JO National Invitational Tournament.
• Exception: Non-citizens living and training in the US who are current or past National Team members for a foreign country may not qualify to the JO-NIT.

d. Remaining slots (after accepted petitioned athletes) and those slots not filled by any region will be filled by other regions based upon a percentage or percentage from Regional Championships to guarantee a minimum of 24 athletes per age division.

2 per age group go to NIT. So 8th and 9th AA (or 9th and 10th if the 8th got a spot at JOs from another region, on down the line). Regional event champions also qualify to NIT if they didn't in the AA.
Thanks wandrewsjr. I thought it was 2 from each age group as well, except in our region last year, some age groups sent more than 2 to NIT, and the "extra" girls were not ones that won 1st on an event. That is why I was wondering if the larger age groups in each region were allocated more spots....now I see that they try to get each age group to a minimum of 24.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back